The storm chaser milk carton thread

I saw Scott Woelm on July 11, 2008 near Annandale, MN while chasing, you can't miss his license plate! Like Andy said, he's around, just has turned very private. I've always loved his videos, '5', '6', and '7'. I started out chasing with him and Bob Conzemius and can't thank them enough for helping me get going. Peggy and Mel are still around. Peggy lives just down the road from me so I guess that gives me an unfair advantage though. :)

Another missing chaser is Shaun Kelley. I've heard he chases with Scott still. Bob Adams I heard no longer chases. Shaun, Bob, Scott, and Bob A really were the core of MN chasing along with Dave Floyd who is now the GLD WCM.

How 'bout Lanny Lamphere? Was he finally taken to Area 51? :rolleyes:

I was rudely introduced to him back in 97, 98 after he deliberately mailbombed an unrelated email list I belonged to. He claimed then someone set him up on the list, the list owner wouldn't release his address from the list so he had everything from that email replied back in a constant loop.

Claimed he was everything from war vet, to sniper to olympic target shooter. Claimed to be everything but a BS artist and con man.

I remember seeing video from, I think his name is Chuck Robertson? I remember he was on a TWC tornado video in the mid 90's. I don't recall seeing his name in a really long time.

I remember seeing video from, I think his name is Chuck Robertson? I remember he was on a TWC tornado video in the mid 90's. I don't recall seeing his name in a really long time.

Chuck still actively chases, he just does it mostly under the radar. He moved from Amarillo to Miami, Tx. I see him out each year and talk to him when I have the chance. I know he still supplies video to KVII-7 in amarillo at times. Always good video.

Carson Eads was out with Tim Marshall this weekend, per Tim's posts. I'd been wondering about him and his van full of electronics lately.

What about Doswell, does he even chase any more? Saw him by the side of the road in the TX panhandle back in 2000, wondering if he still gets out.

And what about Al Moller?

Thumbing through some back issues of Stormtrack I can't help but wonder about some of the chasers who have seemingly disappeared. Or maybe they're just not on the board.

* Bruce Haynie. To me, Bruce is synonymous with Lubbock area chasing (well, David Drummond too). Bruce caught the photogenic Claude tornado in July 1995 and played a big part in bringing the West Texas mesonet online. The last I heard of him was years ago.

Any news about them? Any chasers from days of yore that you've wondered about lately? Anyone remember WX-CHASE and the folks from there?

Tim

I'm still around and still chase occasionally. Raising a family takes priority over storm chasing... so I don't get to chase too much except for a few local, or maybe a regional chase or two around the Lubbock area. However, my 5 year old son is showing some interest in chasing... and we've been out a few times.

Best regards...

Bruce
nw5s

A couple of new observations -- I was surprised to see some people who have not logged in in over a year but show a large number of posts.

carey libby, 376 posts, last seen July 2006
Gayla Drummond, 358 posts, last seen April 2007
Patrick Ware, 308 posts, last seen March 2008
Justin Reed, 286 posts, last seen February 2008
Willie Dines, 218 posts, last seen May 2008
Austin Ivey, 202 posts, last seen January 2008
Charles Allison, 189 posts, last seen June 2008
David Young, 183 posts, last seen April 2008
Jared Mysko, 157 posts, last seen June 2007
Pat Palmer, 145 posts, last seen January 2007
Simone Lussardi, 144 posts, last seen April 2008
Mike Gauldin, 134 posts, last seen October 2007
Nic Wilson, 117 posts, last seen September 2007
Andrew Booth, 115 posts, last seen June 2008
Owen Shieh, 114 posts, last seen March 2008
Zach Bailey, 102 posts, last seen April 2008

I wonder whatever happened to them? Hopefully with all of them it's just changes in interests rather than a death or some other personal tragedy that hasn't filtered back to us.

Tim

Good'ol Rob Dale from Michigan hasn't posted on here since 2/17.:eek: I'm sure a lot of people on here don't miss him though.:p

I was poking around the GRLevelX and Owner's Forums the other day and I'm pretty sure that's where he's hanging out at. I didn't pay too much attention to the actual posting dates, but if my memory serves me correctly I've noticed him over there during the last 4 or 5 months.

Isn't it funny how life will throw a person an unexpected event or curve ball and it will totally change what that person does with their spare time? I hope no one mentioned here has met an untimely demise. It's probably just a shift in priorities.

I've always wanted to be a serious storm chaser since my college days, but it seemed like something always got in the way. Fortunately I took an interest in building and modding computers around 2003. That hobby has really helped me with getting up and running with storm chasing, because this hobby (IMHO) has become heavily tech dependent!!

I know he has not been gone long , But Shane Adams has not been on in 30 days ? Is the world ending ?

Well, he is listed as an "inactive user." He is the only one I have seen listed that way. And I seem to remember him saying something about Stormtrack on his blog a couple weeks ago, but I don't remember what it was. Maybe it's related...

Back