The storm chaser milk carton thread

Twister Sisters

Good catch; I was wondering that myself the other day. I think Melanie got married around 2004 or so, so perhaps she's got a lot of other things going on now. I got a Christmas e-card from Peggy & Melanie in 2005, and that was the last I've heard from them.

Tim

Peggy and Mel are alive and well here in the Twin Cities! Just thought I'd chime in a little here since they are good friends of mine and I keep in touch with them fairly regularly. They have had a couple of slow years after the Twister Sisters program but are definitely planning on getting out there quite a bit this year. I know Melanie had several very successful chases last year. Both are very busy people with other ventures beyond chasing so that's probably the reason why you have not heard from them lately. I'll tell them you say hi :)

Where is Mr. T at!!! He used to be all over Stormtrack, but he vanished into thin air.

Mr. T, where are you???

Concerning Randy Zipser... as of last year, he was running an antiques business with his mother in the Tampa area. He has been pretty much consumed with that venture for at least the past 10-15 years. He has not been out chasing since about '04 or '05 I think. Randy was my first chase partner here on the plains in the spring of 1983. He and I chased numerous times through about 86 or '87 of which he then moved to Fla.

Its been close to a year since I last talked to him. I'll need to rectify that.

Re: Marty, he's in Southern Utah, Kanab-Escalante. Still sending out emails as Joewhirlwind, that's right.

I always look forward to posts from fellow high voltage individuals. I used to enjoy reading posts on Yahoogroups.com "Lightning" list from Dave Crowley, Michael Bath, Nick Wantland. I saw Dave at Denver a couple years ago, maybe he posts here and I haven't seen it. MB and Wantland, quiet on the storm lists. Mike Pendergast too, I wonder what happened to him. Very decent lightning photog.

I'm glad for the lightning people who are here!

Hey Folks!

Still alive and reasonably well here in Ponca. Doing some work with Emergency Management, Life kid of got in the way of things and the last real active thing I've done was work on the Storms of 2008 DVD.

Nothing worthy of posting here, but I try to keep an eye on things from time to time.

John Diel

I'm Baacckk!!

Guess you worrysome folks can take me off the milk carton "missing" list. I was an active member of Stormtrack a few years back. For some reasons, I kinda dropped "off the radar" due to other interests. One of those interest was getting married! Now that I've gotten settled down, I'm getting my storm watching/chasing urges back. And I can tell you folks, it's great to be back!! :D:D:D LJK.

Back