NEWS: Matt Biddle

I just learned that Matt Biddle, a well-known 42-year old Norman chaser, suffered a stroke last Monday or Tuesday. The bad news is that his communications abilities were seriously impaired. The good news is that he has weathered it, is making progress, and was released out of ICU to Integris Thorpe Rehabilitation Hospital in OKC.

He's had a fair number of visitors and his family is there, so there's probably no need to call or visit unless you know him personally. If any donations are accepted for the medical bills, it will be through OU's Geography department. Myself or someone else will post relevant info if it becomes available.

Matt was on Stormtrack about a year or two ago but dropped off. He has typically stayed out of the limelight, but his skills and knowledge are highly respected within the OU chase community. Matt is well-known for his strong stances on storm preparedness and chase safety issues. He's also known for this incident which highlighted some storm reporting issues within EM.

All of us at Stormtrack send our best wishes to this respected member of our 'extended' chase family.

Some links of interest.

* Matt Biddle's homepage

* Matt Biddle's chasemobile - an unmistakable El Camino

Tim

My prayers and best wishes are with him. He's been a big influence on me to stay interested in weather. I felt a bit sick when I first heard about this...I hope he can get better soon.

Godspeed, Matt.

I don't know Matt, but I wish him the very best and hope that he has a very quick recovery. My prayers are with him...

If you're a Normanite then Matt's been part of your chasing world for as long as you can remember. Never a more true, awesome or genuine guy.

I heard about Matt's situation quite a while ago and was very shocked and anxious for him. I hear he has been making progress every day......and my thougths and prayers go out to him and his family.

KR

Matt was one of the first chasers I met when I was out for the first time in 1997. Very nice, down to earth with a great sense of humor. He is one of the Red Wings biggest fans. I wish him the best for a speedy recovery.

Bill Hark

I didn't know much about Matt until I read Mark Svenvold's book, "Big Weather" in which Matt is featured prominently because he was Svenvold's guide. He sounded like a great guy...my best wishes to him and his family.

I decided that we ought to send out a card from Stormtrack, with messages from our users. I'll do this on Monday, so you have all weekend to send Matt a message. I'll just compose it from all text in this thread. If you don't wish to participate or don't want something you wrote included, just PM me privately and I'll omit your message, no explanation needed.

Tim

Originally posted by Tim Vasquez
I decided that we ought to send out a card from Stormtrack, with messages from our users. I'll do this on Monday, so you have all weekend to send Matt a message. I'll just compose it from all text in this thread. If you don't wish to participate or don't want something you wrote included, just PM me privately and I'll omit your message, no explanation needed.

Tim

Great Idea Tim,

Matt, From the chasers down here in DFW. Keep fightin' and get better. Everyone's pulling for you down here.

P.S. Even though I'm a stars fan, "Go Redwings"!!

Matt,

Dude, you're in our prayers. Hope to see you real soon again under the rain free base, or maybe at Border Crossing.

Greg Stumpf

Matt:

Here's to a very rapid recovery (Hoisting our favorite drink)! We gotta get out there again!

Warmest Regards,
Tim Samaras

Back