*New Users. Meet and Greet Area*

Sorry about that my mistake

Georgia USA in the deep South, or really I am in Douglasville, Ga. which is 30 miles away from Atlanta. Sorry for the mistake.:eek:

Thanks I had no idea how that was being done, as I said I am a beginner at Storm Chasing and hope to travel the South to maybe get some good photo's of storms. You have been so helpful and again Thank You!

QUOTE=Dustin Wilcox;203513]We use inverters, allows us to power not only our laptops, but our cameras, phones, coolers, TV's whatever you want to plug in....

Thats no different than asking how someone pays to go on a vaction, every person saves money a different way, some have enough money they don't have to worry about it, others I am guessing have huge credit card debit, I personally just try to save throughout the year, when your passionate enough about something it seems the money is always there.[/QUOTE]

Your so right again, I guess I will start saving as Storm season will be upon us soon, and again thanks, NO CREDIT CARDS though, don't need the huge debt. I will save and save and save, and then I hope that I can become as good as you are, well maybe never that good but I will try.:)

It's not always about being good. You can plan for hours and pick the PERFECT spot and the ingredients for that perfect setup will still be E of you. So it is a little about LUCK. As you do it more you will notice TRENDS and lean towards them...but it is luck as well.

Now if you are chasing after the storms fire and can get in a good spot to catch THE SHOT then sure that is the easy part LOL :D

Good luck with your new hobby. BTW if you don't have your HAM license I would HIGHLY recommend it. If you need more info on how to obtain this or what study tools to utilize don't hesitate to ask. HAM is a great way to keep in direct contact with your EM and NWS it is also a great way to keep in touch with fellow chasers.

Also new here, and saying my hello.

Hello,

My name is Jeremy Jones, I am 25 years old and married with no children. I am a Landscape and Nature Photographer who has always had a deep passion for mother nature.

I was directed to ST by a meteorologist friend of mine in order to obtain more
knowledge, in the field of chasing and general knowledge of storm structure. I am a carpenter by trade, with no professional education in weather other than
what was taught in high school. I have been slowly building my storm chasing gear other than my photography equipment.

I have just recently started to out rigg my vehicle with a laptop mount and Grlevel3, and I am going to be setting up high end video so as to start documenting my chases other than what I shoot photography wise. I am also thinking about trying to stream live video back to my photography website.

My goal by joining this forum is to learn as much as I can, and to try and participate in weather discussions.

Thank you and I hope to someday a strong contributor to the Storm Track Forum!!

Jeremy Jones

Hello,

My name is Jeremy Jones, I am 25 years old and married with no children. I am a Landscape and Nature Photographer who has always had a deep passion for mother nature.

I was directed to ST by a meteorologist friend of mine in order to obtain more
knowledge, in the field of chasing and general knowledge of storm structure. I am a carpenter by trade, with no professional education in weather other than
what was taught in high school. I have been slowly building my storm chasing gear other than my photography equipment.

I have just recently started to out rigg my vehicle with a laptop mount and Grlevel3, and I am going to be setting up high end video so as to start documenting my chases other than what I shoot photography wise. I am also thinking about trying to stream live video back to my photography website.

My goal by joining this forum is to learn as much as I can, and to try and participate in weather discussions.

Thank you and I hope to someday a strong contributor to the Storm Track Forum!!

Jeremy Jones

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you out and about next year! Just remember, you have two choices when starting out: to yahoo or not to yahoo :D

New to forums

Hi, just as the title says I am new to the forums, and my name is Brian. I look forward to learnung as much as possible. I also have plans to go on a chase tour to get a feel for chasing. I figure it would be the safest way since I have limited knowlede of tornados and the type of westher they produce when they are present.

Dude, seriously just get out while you can before others seemingly drag you down into the pit of despair, sorrow and depression. These words adequately define these forums, and the community which inadvertently exists in a non-organic manner. Just leave man. This forum is filled to the brim, with vilifying human beings, who resemble blood hounds in their tactics to demean others. They will pick on every little aspect of every little post you make. This if your warning man. Proceed at your own risk. I have not posted here in a while, simply due to these facts. With All Due Respect, Andrew Khan (AKA Zimed - http://zimed.wordpress.com/).

LOL.....

Anyway. Welcome to Stormtrack Jeremy! If you ever have any questions, feel free to post or PM any one of us. We will be more than happy to help! Again, welcome to Stormtrack!

Welcome Jeremy.

My first piece of advice...dont listen to Andrew, this forum is filled with enthusiastic chasers willing to share their knowledge and experience. Occasionaly we head-butt each other but most of the time we cheers and make up.

Ahh, I didn't pay much attention to him!!

I'm definitely no stranger to Forum's!

The reason I joined is mainly this....I don't have the means of obtaining money to go back to school for meteorology. So, this is...IMO is my best option for becoming more knowledgeable about Storm structure.

Thanks for offering advice, and your knowledge. I kinda feel like a lurker, since I really don't have much to offer in the way of expertise in storm chasing. I do however have a
HUGE passion and determination to learn as much as I can. I can offer however, my techniques for Photography if anyone is ever interested.

I have quite a selection of Lightning photography in my profile here on ST. I know just about everyone in here knows how to shoot lightning, but still....If anyone is interested,
I would be more than willing to explain and share my Techniques....

Welcome to the Asylum :D

Thanks Shane! I admire your work, and after reading about you, realized I have the passion to seek a tornado as you did all those years ago, and still do. I don't live in the most opportunistic area, but I'll find one someday :) even if i have to drive 2000 miles.

for a good start, in addition to any book you might get your hands on, take the spotter classes if any are held in your area. You will be able to get a better understanding.
Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the offer! I for one might take you up on it. My husband teases me about all the cloud and storm photos on our computer. Lightning, though, has always been tricky for me.

Thanks alot for the welcome. I have been getting alot of great info just reading through everything. Thanks again, I am pretty sure i will have some questions in a little bit, but I will do alittle more searching first.

Back