• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Missing attachments

Hi,

I have a lecturer messaging me from Mustansiriyah University in Iraq wanting to grab the images from my post here for a project:

Unfortunately I no longer have them saved locally. Is it just the case of a faulty forum conversion and the images are there, or are they not there at all?

Thank you
Willoughby

The unfortunate circumstance is that they’re gone or at least it appears that way. Give me this weekend so I can boot up the laptop and look in our S3 buckets by date and so forth. Our old imaging system did some weird things a few years ago but it seems okay now. I’ll see what I can track down as those GFS shots are hard to come by from four years ago!

I’m sorry but my first attempt proved futile. If you have the time I’d like to poke around one more time though. It looks like this took place before we setup the add-ons that we used, so they should be in a default location but I didn’t see them there. I’ll be in touch.

I'm striking out on this one Mr Owen. I've looked twice and all I can find is the cropped images that are like 150 x 150 pixels. The only other thing I can think to do is add this to a list of stuff I tackle 3 or 4 times a year when I work with our technical consultant. He's pretty sharp and might know something I don't but I also don't want you to get your hopes up to high. I'll let you know once I've had him take a peek at it.

Back