New Chat System Launched

Steve Miller

Owner Emeritus
Staff member
Supporter
If you have not already stopped by the new chat room, you should! We have licensed and customized a new chat system that is not only more powerful and more friendly, it is deeply searchable with tons of query options. Chat has traditionally been restrictive as a viable communications platform on Stormtrack because typically, once a preset amount of time has passed, the content is no longer publically available. This is a problem for Stormtrack where we pride ourselves in maintaining the largest content database of storm chasing and weather discussion in the world.

There is no doubt we are all moving in the direction of 'live'. For years, chat has been a great way to communicate in real time from both in the field or from the armchair. In fact, some variation of live chat might be what websites like Stormtrack look like in the future. The missing component has been the ability to archive and then search valuable chat content. That problem has been solved!

It excites me to see Stormtrack continue to grow back toward user numbers of past. We will work on our end to bring improvements to the site. You keep up the great content creation because YOU are what makes ST successful! I want to say a special thank you to the volunteer staff, specifically @Mark Blue for spearheading this chat project and plenty of the behind-the-scenes activity that keeps ST running efficiently.

I encourage you to check out the new chat. If you do not like the way it is laid out or, want to change something about it, simply click on the options cog and customize it.
http://stormtrack.org/community

Back