Mike H pictures passed off as Hurricane Katrina pics

I wish H would reconsider the pursuit of legal action. He's staring at a lifetime of no more work and all the chasing he can stand, at the low price of 6-12 months' legal bullshit.

I'd almost kill to trade places with him right now.

I swear... I'm buying Mike H a beer if I see him at the next severe conference.

Tim

I swear... I'm buying Mike H a beer if I see him at the next severe conference.

Hehe, it is getting kind of nice now. Things are turning around because enough now know who's they are so about every place they are posted folks point out where they came from. So, lots of plugs are happening with no effort from myself. No, I didn't start this with that in mind. It is however time to start removing watermarks! Steal away! I guess it would be wiser to just submit images with ones name on it than it would be to hope they spread viraly through e-mail and people later learn where they came from.

Heck Mike you could make a living off screwing the people rippin off your photos lol. They actually tried to post them on my local TV station here saying they were Texas storms. Sheesh

good grief LOL

The pictures are circulating at my job...with emails like "boy I'm glad we were nowhere near that hurricane". How can people really believe those pictures are Katrina? Yes, it's an awesome supercell. They are great photos. But this makes me laugh...

*Note the green, rolling grassland prairie!
*Isn't that nice round cloud a tad small for a HURRICANE?
*Not one palm tree in sight?

Even among the least weatherwise...I just wouldn't think those thunderstorms could be passed off as a hurricane. If one watches any TV at all, they see images coming out of Tornado Alley quite commonly these days. And the funny thing is, most people who work at this company have at least a Bachelor's degree. Not in meteorology my guess :)

PS - Mike, to those who sent me the email, I informed them and referred them to your web site. :)

Lo and behold those pictures are now on the front door of the main office of the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences department here at Purdue. The sad thing...they surround a poster about a hurricane lecture today. You'd think even our secretaries would know better...but I guess not. Still, its better than pictures of rocks, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much...

BC

Originally posted by Ben Cotton
Lo and behold those pictures are now on the front door of the main office of the Earth and Atmospheric Sciences department here at Purdue. The sad thing...they surround a poster about a hurricane lecture today. You'd think even our secretaries would know better...but I guess not. Still, its better than pictures of rocks, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much...

BC

:roll: :roll: LOL Geeze...

I have had a friend and a family member e-mail me Mikes pictures telling me they got them sent to them by e-mail and they are from hurricane Katrina. Then I tell them who's pictures they are and Mike H's website. Then they go to Mikes website and say nice pictures. I bet Mike H's website is getting busy.

Back