March go out like a lion or lamb?

Ray Walker

Man I dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. But the models are continuing to show a West coast Ridge and an East coast trought for the next week or two. Right now I see nothing big showing up until at least the 24th or after. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
The March 24-25th timeframe may be our next big severe weather event. A strong closed low will move scross S CA into the Plains. The low seems to weaken a bit as it moves into the Plains, but if deep moisture can return which is a pretty good possibilty we may see some big severe weather. This along with a warm front and dryline should be a classic setup across the S Plains.

As for after that I'm not to sure, but I see maybe one more storm to close out the month before April starts.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I find interesting with the models in the six to ten day time frame is how the subtropical jet weakens quite a bit, this maybe associated with the demise of the El-Nino event. If this is a trend we maybe chasing farther north early on. This also could be a transitation between winter and spring wave patten over the northern hemisphere.
Any ideas?

One thing I find interesting with the models in the six to ten day time frame is how the subtropical jet weakens quite a bit, this maybe associated with the demise of the El-Nino event. If this is a trend we maybe chasing farther north early on.

LOL, that would figure....the N Plains already have our regular season, and in the past few years they added our Fall Season. So why not our early stuff too?

I'm moving to DFW this Summer, which will probably end my chasing career LMAO.

Back