Live New Orleans Police Scanner & listener reports

Netscape is your friend. Winamp brings it right up.

Sure wish we could hear the other frequencies!

People keep going to "car to car."

I got it to work with RealPlayer

Btw... they gave a Code 4 on the Children's Hospital Situation. "No further assistance required."

That's weird... I dunno, Jeff. Other than making sure you are doing an "Open URL" or "Open Stream" (instead of "open file"), I don't know why it won't work.

Originally posted by Rob_Davis
That's it. Came up first try. You are using Netscape, right?

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Snyder)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rob_Davis

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.[/b]

Wait... have you tried opening it directly from the media players? That's what I did with Itunes.

Originally posted by Ryan McGinnis+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ryan McGinnis)</div>
Originally posted by Jeff Snyder@
<!--QuoteBegin-Rob_Davis

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.

Wait... have you tried opening it directly from the media players? That's what I did with Itunes.[/b]

Yeah, from browsers and straight from the media players. I don't have iTunes, and I'm not sure I want to add yet another media player to my system. LOL thanks for the helps guys, but I think I'll just bypass this stream since I don't want to clutter this thread further.

I was having trouble listening to streams until I updated to Netscape 8 last week. You might try that. Just takes a sec.

Don't worry Jeff, it quit working for me too. I was using Mozilla Firefox and Windows Media Player to play, and now it doesn't work - says it can't be found. I guess it's just hit or miss, they probably have a limit on how many people can be connected, if it's more than XX amount, the server either boots people, or blocks access until someone else quits listening.

Not that anybody cares, but I finally got in. I just tried loading it into WMP repeatedly... After about 25 tries, I finally go in. I assume there are only a little number of connections, thus the "file not found" when all connections are used.

Back