Live New Orleans Police Scanner & listener reports

Hmm, they just called for a "critical mission" because of shots fired at the Children's Hospital.

*edit* They're calling in SWAT!

Good lord... I hope the police officers are okay through this one... must be scary as hell working there... god bless them. I hope they get a chance to put some looting crack addict medicine thieves in the ground...

Just said they're trying to commandeer 1,000 buses at the Crescent City Connection for the dome.

This is surreal.

Not workin' for me... anyone else get it working?

It's not working for me either. I've tried it from IE, Firefox, straight into WMP, and straight into RealOne. Every time, it tells me that the location cannot be found. :?:

They just told everyone to stay off the air unless there is an emergency, because the SWAT team at the Children's Hospital needs it.

Netscape is your friend. Winamp brings it right up.

Sure wish we could hear the other frequencies!

People keep going to "car to car."

I got it to work with RealPlayer

Btw... they gave a Code 4 on the Children's Hospital Situation. "No further assistance required."

That's weird... I dunno, Jeff. Other than making sure you are doing an "Open URL" or "Open Stream" (instead of "open file"), I don't know why it won't work.

Originally posted by Rob_Davis
That's it. Came up first try. You are using Netscape, right?

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Snyder)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rob_Davis

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.[/b]

Wait... have you tried opening it directly from the media players? That's what I did with Itunes.

Originally posted by Ryan McGinnis+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ryan McGinnis)</div>
Originally posted by Jeff Snyder@
<!--QuoteBegin-Rob_Davis

I've tried every browser I have (IE, Firefox, Netscape)... I don't think it has to do w/ the browser; I think it's related to the media program that the browser is associated with... In other words, the actual browser doesn't play the stream, but it loads another program that plays it (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, etc)... Regardless, I've tried all browsers, and 4 media players (WMP, WinAmp, QuickTime, and Real player). Oh well, I suppose my firewall may be blocking it.

Wait... have you tried opening it directly from the media players? That's what I did with Itunes.[/b]

Yeah, from browsers and straight from the media players. I don't have iTunes, and I'm not sure I want to add yet another media player to my system. LOL thanks for the helps guys, but I think I'll just bypass this stream since I don't want to clutter this thread further.

I was having trouble listening to streams until I updated to Netscape 8 last week. You might try that. Just takes a sec.

Back