• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Issue with Spotter Network Software GPS

Nic Daniel

Enthusiast
I have recently acquired a GlobalSat BU-353S4 to run with Spotter Network. Earlier today it was working with Spotter Network just fine but now when I try to use it, Spotter Network Software just says "connecting" and in the bottom left it says "GPS off" even though Windows recognizes the device is plugged in and the LED on the GPS puck turns on. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image_2023-09-14_233445798.png
    image_2023-09-14_233445798.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 2
Under the Port drop down, does it have anything other than "Com 4"? If so, I suggest you try each one until it works.

Also you might try going to the Windows Device Manager and expanding "Ports(COM&LPT)" and see if your GPS puck is shown under it and what COM port number it is assigned.

Back