I JUST HAVE TO!

For the one on one chase it is $6499.00 and the funny thing about it is that three weeks are already reserved.

May 28 through June 1 (Reserved 5/04)
June 3 through June 7 (Reserved 7/04)
June 9 through June 13 (Reserved 9/04)

$19,497 for 15 days "work".:roll:

What do you wanna bet that those late season "reservations" magicaly become available as the date nears, or that the chases in question simply dissapear off the schedule. :wink:

(IMO, Warren's obscene pricing has pushed him over the ethical threshold. Pure greed is seldom a 'proper' thing.)

-Greg

For the one on one chase it is $6499.00 and the funny thing about it is that three weeks are already reserved.

Really reserved or is it a PR gimmick? Some people (I don't know who - not any chasers) would be impressed by the fact that he seems to be such a sought after tour guide and may want to book with him based on that.

Really reserved or is it a PR gimmick? Some people (I don't know who - not any chasers) would be impressed by the fact that he seems to be such a sought after tour guide and may want to book with him based on that.

I totally agree, and I actually think that's what's going on. Warren's site or his "chasing tours" aren't advertised at all, so how in the world could he manage to get all chase tours booked, and at that price?

Any one notice that those reserved seats are reserved for 2004

Any one notice that those reserved seats are reserved back in 2004

Might make some people think "hey, it must really be worth it". I think it is bogus as well. Common sense would take over at some point and people would realize that the cost is just too much.

Then below this...he has his "Monsoon Tour"

You can chase with him for THREE days for the low price of $2,500.

Nearly a thousand dollars per day, to MAYBE see some lighting. No Warren... :roll:

Then below this...he has his "Monsoon Tour"

You can chase with him for THREE days for the low price of $2,500.

Nearly a thousand dollars per day, to MAYBE see some lighting. No Warren... :roll:

Oh my...

I hope his customers don't come out expecting 3 consecutive days of guaranteed action...they may very well get 3 days of hot, clear weather due to the Monsoon's typical pattern: bursts and breaks. That's a high price to spend on 3 short days which is a shot in the dark for Monsoon, esp if someone happens to time it during a "break" period. Lodging and transportation is not included? For $2,500, one could base at a luxury resort in Scottsdale for 7 days taking advantage of the off season prices, rent a car, have the time to drive the good distances too, providing a significantly better chance to catch something over the course of 7 days. I live here, and I drive hundreds of miles and sometimes all night. 3 days? That's a farthing for what's needed unless someone got extremely lucky.

Thats Pretty Stupid

What About The Guy, Who Has An Auction On E-Bay, Currently At 121,788$ To Ride In This Little Storm Car That He Has Built, Out Of, GET THIS FOLKS, Fiberglass And Plexiglass, And What He Does Is, If You Pay This Ridiclous Amount Of Money, Then You Get To Ride With Him In This Suped Up Kia Sophia (LoL J/K I Think Its A Cavalier) Thru A Tornado, Now The Video I Have Seen, These Tornadoes Havent Been Over An F1, And I Think I Might Have Saw An F2, I Mean What Kinda Idiot....... Oh Yea And Did I Mention The Other Thing You Get, A Star In A Tornado Reality Show, IF IT GETS APPROVED BY A HALF WAY DESCENT TV STATION LOL WHAT A CROCK, LETS SEE WHAT YOU REAL CHASERS THINK, CUZ I THINK ITS A CROCK OF $#!T

Re: Thats Pretty Stupid

Originally posted by Chris Love
What About The Guy, Who Has An Auction On E-Bay, Currently At 121,788$ To Ride In This Little Storm Car That He Has Built, Out Of, GET THIS FOLKS, Fiberglass And Plexiglass, And What He Does Is, If You Pay This Ridiclous Amount Of Money, Then You Get To Ride With Him In This Suped Up Kia Sophia (LoL J/K I Think Its A Cavalier) Thru A Tornado, Now The Video I Have Seen, These Tornadoes Havent Been Over An F1, And I Think I Might Have Saw An F2, I Mean What Kinda Idiot....... Oh Yea And Did I Mention The Other Thing You Get, A Star In A Tornado Reality Show, IF IT GETS APPROVED BY A HALF WAY DESCENT TV STATION LOL WHAT A CROCK, LETS SEE WHAT YOU REAL CHASERS THINK, CUZ I THINK ITS A CROCK OF $#!T
Sorry Chris, there is an entire topic dedicated to that auction.
http://stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5845

Im still a an inexperienced chaser but I have seen 6 tornados now so for the LOW LOW price of $1000 dollars I will let you have your picture taken with me! WOW, Just think of it, a picture of you and Dennis Gulley, together! And for an additional price of $200 I will smile and pretend that I like you in the picture. Hurry and order now as I am very busy looking in the mirror and admiring myself!

As Karen R asked in another post, what is wrong with people today? Well to me it is big ego's and greed! Get rid of those and the world would be a better place!

Dennis

Paying for chasing twisters

I guess there REALLY is a pimp for everything!! :D Gail

I really don't see a difference between what wf is doing and most
chasing tours. Same thing. They often promote the people
guiding the tours.

If a tour company could charge that much they would.

So I guess I'm missing something here or maybe it's the same old
wf envy or general tour bashing?

Just my thoughts!

Mike

Yeah, I guess I'm just having a case of Tornado envy. Gail :twisted:

Price does not include (inbound or outbound transportation) lodging or meals :shock:
for $1299.80 a day I think he could spurge with a happy meal and a tent at the rest stop :)

Back