I JUST HAVE TO!

Billy Griffin

I know most chasers avoid the page, but has anyone seen the newest "gimmick" Faidley is up to? Forgive me, but I just had to "rant" about this one...

He's asking $3499 per week to FOLLOW him with your own vehicle !!!!! :shock:

Does this mean that we'll all owe him a check if we happen to fall in behind him while on the road? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, I can see the chase tours charging, and yeah, I guess I can even go along with him charging for his "one-on-one" tours priced at like six thousand dollars, but come on... charging to follow along behind his vehicle ????????????????????? :twisted: And he wonders why so many people have, well, inappropriate opinions.

I normally wouldn't even lower myself to posting on this, and please forgive me Lord for the gossip, but this is just silly. What's even more silly is there's probably some rich schmos out there that will pay him almost 4 grand just to drive their own vehicle and follow him around for a week.

Next time I see you guys out on the road behind me, I'm gonna pull over and charge you $500 a piece! Hell, I think that's a heck of a deal compared to 4 grand. :lol: :lol: :lol: (just kidding folks)

Oops... oh my gosh, I forgot to mention that if you do take the tag-along trip, that does include a two-way radio to borrow so you can keep in touch with his corporate chase team. Now that makes all the difference in the world. :wink:

Okay, I'm done now. Does anyone else think this is just simply idiotic or am I just crazy?

For the one on one chase it is $6499.00 and the funny thing about it is that three weeks are already reserved.

May 28 through June 1 (Reserved 5/04)
June 3 through June 7 (Reserved 7/04)
June 9 through June 13 (Reserved 9/04)

$19,497 for 15 days "work".:roll:

Oh yeah, and that's only for ONE person... each additional person in the tag along vehicle costs $900 extra. :?

Well in that case, again, me charging you guys only $500 per vehicle if I catch you behind me, you just can't beat that! :roll:

And hey, my kid has some of those old GI Joe walkie talkies I'll throw in for you to communicate with me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gees !!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and that's only for ONE person... each additional person in the tag along vehicle costs $900 extra. :?

Well in that case, again, me charging you guys only $500 per vehicle if I catch you behind me, you just can't beat that! :roll:

And hey, my kid has some of those old GI Joe walkie talkies I'll throw in for you to communicate with me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gees !!!!!!!!

Heck, most of us are THRILLED just to split the fuel costs with a partner. :wink:

BTW... I'm sitting here in Lakewood, CO attending a training class all week, so you can bet the bank there'll be some type of severe weather back home (Oklahoma).

Good luck to all those chasing, and once again...

just avoid getting caught behind Warren Faidley or you'll owe him $4k !!

Yeeee Hawww! Nuthin' like snow chasin' here in the Rockies! I just hope I don't run into any hill men wanting me to go on a canoe trip up in the hills. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gees !!!!!!!!

Heck, most of us are THRILLED just to split the fuel costs with a partner. :wink:

Yeah Bill, I'm going to start putting ads in the paper to see if anyone still has one of those old Mopeds I could rig up into a Chase-Ped. :wink:

The trick is finding a target audience that's both lazy AND stupid; they don't know anything and don't care to learn as long as they've got something in front of them to entertain them. It's actually quite brilliant, though I have to wonder how one stays so far ahead of the rest of the pack regarding the marketing of non-wx savvy/wx-enthusiastist types. I'm sure running the "rest of us idiots" down is a large part of the arsenal.

FYI, that's a direct quote so let's not start with the libel bullsh*t.

:? :shock: guess I missed that one! "rest of us idiots"?

Sad thing is, you're absolutely right... for those who have all the money one could desire, simply being entertained is all they need. Hell, if you've got the money, just let someone else do the work and let their vehicle get torn all to pieces. I guess that's the logic behind it.

I've taken lots of people chasing with me over the years, and never asked for anything more than "pitching in" for gas. I think I'll make me up a cardboard sign and just in case I run into him this year, I'll hang it out the window saying, "Hey Warren, just send me the bill!" :lol: :lol:

:? :shock: guess I missed that one! "rest of us idiots"?

Suffice to say, be careful what you blurt out over the radio, lotta ears out there.

Damn! Just when I thought I was finally going to be able to afford coax for all my antennas! :lol:

Yeah, but you made no mention of throwing in the G.I. Joe walkie-talkies !!!

Yeah that is an asinine price/idea. But if people are that misled and stupid to pay then I guess more power to him.

I'm going to have to agree with Shane on this one. If I could find someone who was willing to pay me $6500 to ride around for a few days, I'd sure as heckfire think seriously about it. Are there ethical issues involved? Sure there are. At some level, it's not morally right to misrepresent storm chasing to take that kind of money for something which could be found dirt cheap elsewhere.

But if there are suckers out there, then why not take advantage of them? I suppose at the end of the day I couldn't do that to someone. But from a marketing perspective, it is pretty smart. The only place I can see where he messed up is charging $900 extra for passengers in SOMEONE ELSE'S car. Surely that's gotta make any intelligent person's BS meter flicker, at least briefly.

I know most chasers avoid the page, but has anyone seen the newest "gimmick" Faidley is up to? Forgive me, but I just had to "rant" about this one...

He's asking $3499 per week to FOLLOW him with your own vehicle !!!!! :shock:

Does this mean that we'll all owe him a check if we happen to fall in behind him while on the road? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, I can see the chase tours charging, and yeah, I guess I can even go along with him charging for his "one-on-one" tours priced at like six thousand dollars, but come on... charging to follow along behind his vehicle ????????????????????? :twisted: And he wonders why so many people have, well, inappropriate opinions.

I normally wouldn't even lower myself to posting on this, and please forgive me Lord for the gossip, but this is just silly. What's even more silly is there's probably some rich schmos out there that will pay him almost 4 grand just to drive their own vehicle and follow him around for a week.

Next time I see you guys out on the road behind me, I'm gonna pull over and charge you $500 a piece! Hell, I think that's a heck of a deal compared to 4 grand. :lol: :lol: :lol: (just kidding folks)

Oops... oh my gosh, I forgot to mention that if you do take the tag-along trip, that does include a two-way radio to borrow so you can keep in touch with his corporate chase team. Now that makes all the difference in the world. :wink:

Okay, I'm done now. Does anyone else think this is just simply idiotic or am I just crazy?

Free enterprise is a beautiful thing.

Back