Heat wave!

Just finished a round of KC video this afternoon in triple digits ... went to a local waterpark and was dying to get in the water myself, but probably wouldn't have worked too well for the camera. This was the closest I have been to passing out in a long time. If I hadn't gotten inside with air conditioning this afternoon I probably would have wound up in a doctor's office with a ton of other heat stroke victims.

Wish this was me:

water2.gif
water3.gif

water1.gif

103° officially in Moline today. 104.0° here at my house. Chicago's midway airport hit 104°. For many of us this is the first 100° temp since 1995.

I haven't seen a thunderstorm in about three months. I can't remember what a cumulonimbus cloud looks like.

We don't have grass here anymore, just dry white needles mixed with wilting weeds.......

It doesn't look like this extreme heat will be going away anytime soon. :x I just checked up on the latest NCEP discussions and they're forecasting another ridge to build in the west by late week and it will likely be moving back over the central U.S. :( For everyone in the path of the northern/central plains cold front...enjoy it while you can...the temperature gauge will be on it's way back up eventually.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/pred...ts/threats.html

I haven't seen a thunderstorm in about three months. I can't remember what a cumulonimbus cloud looks like.

Speak for yourself. I'm in the land of no clouds! But I am glad I'm not in the Midwest right now, dry heat is a lot more tolerable. :wink:

Back