• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

GR2Analyst Version 2 Installation Help

I downloaded the setup utility for GR2Analyst Version 2 off the GRLevelx web site. When I ran it as Administrator, I got the "Windows cannot access the specified device, path.." error. I have Windows 10 Home Edition with all the minimum computer capabilities stated by GR. I checked the certificate for this setup utility and it seemed valid. error when starting install grlvl2 analyst ver 2.jpg
Gr2AE_2 certificate.jpg

I subsequently turned off my Windows security settings and PCMatic protection. Tried the setup again with no luck.

I checked the compatibility under Properties and it defaults to Windows 8. There is no option to run it for Windows 10. Now I am really tearing my hair out! Has anyone come across this problem installing GR2Analyist Version 2 or any other program from Gibson Ridge?

Gr2AE_2 setup compatability.jpg

Not sure if this will help or not but have you tried searching the GRLevelX forums? Maybe someone in there has had the same issue.

I have searched the GRLevelX forums. No luck. When I purchased my desktop PC, I also bought the same one for my wife. She is letting her son use it, but I am going to see if he gets the same error when downloading and running the startup program.

I don't/won't have Win 10 on any computers, but with previous versions of windows there's some sort of bug that'll affect running certain (seemingly random) downloads.

Try copying the downloaded file to another location - your desktop (or even better the root of the drive C:\ ) and running from there. Also try right-click 'and run as administrator' (even if you're already logged in as an administrator )

I don't/won't have Win 10 on any computers, but with previous versions of windows there's some sort of bug that'll affect running certain (seemingly random) downloads.

Try copying the downloaded file to another location - your desktop (or even better the root of the drive C:\ ) and running from there. Also try right-click 'and run as administrator' (even if you're already logged in as an administrator )
Good things to try. Thanks!

Back