Gene Rhoden's "High Instability" internet radio show

I was just wondering if this show is coming back. Bob Prentice has not posted in a few weeks, and I was just curious if it was still on. I love the show.

Bump...

Any word on when my favorite Wednesday night activity will return?

Mike H, SA, Robin T, CNovy (just to name a few) are part of the crew I like to spend my Wednesday evenings chatting with. There aren't any updates on the High Instability website so I was wondering if anyone knows the scoop?

According to this weeks Weather Brains show they will restart High Instability after the first of the year.

High Instability returns Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gene Rhoden's "High Instability" internet radio show is scheduled to return on Wednesday, January 27, 2010, at 7-9 pm Central time. Gene's been extra busy since last spring which explains the long time off. No word on guests yet. Check out the newly updated ShockNetRadio.com for details.

ShockNetRadio.com: High Instability said:
Weather and Climate have a profound effect on our everyday lives. From severe weather to climate change, our ability to adapt to our ever changing atmosphere relies on the science of meteorology.
Join highly acclaimed atmospheric photographer host Gene Rhoden (The G-Man), and world renown severe weather scientist, Dr. Charles A. Doswell III (Two Buck Chuck), as they interview some of the world's most influential scientists, researchers, and forecasters, and discuss the science of weather and climate. Get the facts about global climate change, severe weather, and explore the ramifications of these natural phenomena on society and politics. This ain't your Daddy's Weather Radio!

http://shocknetradio.com/high_instability.html
http://highinstability.com/

Is Gene's show still going to be simulcast on the WRBN network (same home as Barometer Bob)?

I wonder if Shane and the guys at ChaserTV (who host Shane) would work together to get all the shows together.

High Instability on Wednesday
Hurricane Hollow on Thursday
Debris on Sunday

That would be cool.

I wonder if Shane and the guys at ChaserTV (who host Shane) would work together to get all the shows together.

High Instability on Wednesday
Hurricane Hollow on Thursday
Debris on Sunday

That would be cool.

Not sure what you're asking for....."DEBRIS" is already on Sundays.

Not sure what you're asking for....."DEBRIS" is already on Sundays.

I was saying it would be great to get all the radio shows onto one network. Since you are on Sundays...it doesn't conflict with any of the other shows. It is something I've wanted to do...with some others not mentioned, but there is some 'bad history' with a few. But more and more shows are popping up, so getting folks/shows on one network and then promote that would be cool.

Just one of those things I think about, but likely won't happen.

As long as the iPod can keep getting filled with weather podcasts, I'm happy... Was really bummed when 'Jet Streaming' went "off the air" last year.

High Instability Guest for January 27, 2010...Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman, NSSL

EDIT: Dr. PAM HEINSELMAN HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 3, 2010. THE GUEST FOR JANUARY 27 WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER TIME.

Heinselman_Pam20043.jpg
Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman

Our High Instability Guest for Wednesday, January 27, 2010 will be Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman, Research Scientist at the National Severe Storms Laboratory (NSSL) in Norman, Oklahoma.

Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman's Homepage said:
Biography

Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman's homepage
Dr. Heinselman's primary research objective is to determine how to best capitalize on phased array radar capabilities to address 21st century forecast and warning needs, including the NOAA Weather and Water strategic mission goal to increase lead time and accuracy for weather and water warnings and forecasts. She is accomplishing this objective through a combination of innovative scanning strategy design, leadership of data collection and analysis activities, active involvement with end users, and student mentorship. Working with radar data has been Dr. Heinselman's passion, as indicated by her earlier teamwork that was recognized by a NOAA Bronze Medal in 1998 and Silver Medal in 1999 for improvements to NEXRAD algorithms.
In July 2009, Dr. Heinselman was selected for the 2008 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE). The PECASE Award is the highest honor bestowed by the United States Government upon outstanding scientists and engineers in the early stages of their careers. This award recognizes her research and leadership accomplishments in using phased array radar for observing hazardous weather. Subsequently, in October 2009 her Heinselman et al. 2008 paper entitled, "Rapid Sampling of Severe Storms by the National Weather Radar Testbed Phased Array Radar" was chosen for the OAR Outstanding Paper of the Year Award.
Dr. Heinselman is a Ph.D. graduate of the University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology (2004) and an M.S. and B.S. graduate (1994 and 1992, respectively) of the St. Louis University Depart. of Earth and Atmospheric Science. She is orginally from Westminster, Maryland.
Dr. Pamela L. Heinselman's cirriculum vita
The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show. Show archives are available for podcast at highinstability.com Archives.

The High Instability Archives (podcasts) have been updated to include all programs since the show's inception!

RJ Evans said:
The new ShockNet Radio website is up and running! Take a moment to
check out the new content, the StudioCAM, and the new tune-in pages. In
addition, ShockNetRadio.com now supports the iPhone/smart phones. You
can now tune-into "High Instability" wherever you are! Simply type
ShockNetRadio.com into your iPhone (Safari) browser and your phone will
be automatically directed to the iPhone/smart phone tune-in page where
you have a choice of two streams. (Note: Compatibility with smart phones
other than Apple iPhone is not guaranteed. However, if your smart phone
supports mp3 streaming, you should be able to connect.)

RJ Evans
ShockNet Radio
American Heathen®

Last edited by a moderator:
HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR JANUARY 27, 2010...James Spann

HIGH INSTABILITY RETURNS ON WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010 at 7 PM CST!

HI_Promo.jpg
Gene Rhoden and Chuck Doswell

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR JANUARY 27, 2010...James Spann, Television Meteorologist for WAAY in Huntsville, AL; WeatherBrains podcast; Rick and Bubba radio show

spann.jpg
James Spann

Our High Instability Guest for Wednesday, January 27, 2010 will be James Spann, television meteorologist for WAAY in Huntsville, AL; WeatherBrains podcast; and Rick and Bubba radio show.

James Spann Biography

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show. Show archives are available for podcast at highinstability.com Archives.

Be sure to check out the new ShockNet Radio forum pages. Click on the "Forum" button to access. Once you register to the forums, you will have access to topics dedicated to all ShockNet radio shows including one dedicated to the "High Instability" show.

Last edited by a moderator:
HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR FEBRUARY 10, 2010...H. Michael Mogil, Meteorologist/writer

HI_Promo.jpg
Gene Rhoden and Chuck Doswell

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR FEBRUARY 10, 2010...H. Michael Mogil

pic.php
H. Michael Mogil

Our High Instability Guest for Wednesday, February 10, 2010 will be H. Michael Mogil, meteorologist and writer.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/weather
http://www.facebook.com/people/H-Michael-Mogil/1600615246

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show. Show archives are available for podcast at highinstability.com Archives.

Be sure to check out the new ShockNet Radio forum pages. Click on the "Forum" button to access. Once you register to the forums, you will have access to topics dedicated to all ShockNet radio shows including one dedicated to the "High Instability" show.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2010...Chris Novy

Our High Instability Guest for Wednesday, February 10, 2010 will be Chris Novy.

Img_3982cpsws2006.jpg
Chris Novy

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 at 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

Back