Gene Rhoden's "High Instability" internet radio show

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST WEDNESDAY, MARCH 2, 2011...DR. ROBIN TANAMACHI, U of OKLAHOMA

tanamachi_sm.jpg
Dr. Robin Tanamachi

This week on High Instability

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show. Show archives are available for podcast at highinstability.com Archives.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, 2011...TERRA THOMPSON, U of OKLAHOMA

thompson_sm.jpg
Terra Thompson

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, March 17, 2011 at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show. Show archives are available for podcast at highinstability.com Archives.

Last edited by a moderator:
HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13 2011 - GREG CARBIN, SPC

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13 2011 WILL BE GREG CARBIN, WARNING COORDINATION METEOROLOGIST AT THE STORM PREDICTION CENTER

greg-carbin.jpg
Greg Carbin

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, April 13, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27 2011 - MARK MONMONIER, SYRACUSE UNIV.

Mm2photo340-330.jpg
Mark Monmonier

This week on High Instability said:
Mark Stephen Monmonier is a Distinguished Professor of Geography at the Maxwell School of Syracuse University. He specializes in toponymy, geography, and geographic information systems. His popular written works show a combination of serious study and a sense of humor. Most of his work is published by University of Chicago Press. He has appeared on National Public Radio interview programs.

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, April 27, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, MAY 18, 2011 - James Spann and Bill Murray

spann.jpg
James Spann
murray.jpg
Bill Murray

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, May 18, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

spann.jpg
James Spann
murray.jpg
Bill Murray

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, May 18, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

This show has been rescheduled for May 25, 2011 due to storm chase potential over Oklahoma.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUESTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 27, 2011, DR. JASON PERSOFF, STORM DOCTOR

752740694_W6F3x-M.jpg
Dr. Jason Persoff

Jason Persoff biography said:
Jason Persoff's Severe Weather Photography

I have been chasing severe weather since 1990 when I lived in Denver, Colorado. My wife and I moved to Jacksonville, Florida in 1997 so that I could work for Mayo Clinic and have lived there since. I chase annually the last two weeks of May, flying out to catch severe weather on the Great Plains. I go wherever the storms will form--my travels frequently exceed 4000 miles during those two weeks. I marvel at the amazing landscapes and differences in geography that span Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Texas. My favorite areas to chase are the Texas Panhandle,Eastern Nebraska, and Kansas which both provide highly differing but spectacular views. I am an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Mayo Clinic in the subspecialty of Hospital Medicine (I only take care of inpatients).

Among other topics, Jason will talk about two disastrous storms he chased during 2011: one in Joplin, MO (EF-5) and one in Chickasha, OK (currently EF-4). Dr. Persoff helped assist and in the latter case lead incident command on medical response.

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, June 27, 2011, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 13, 2011...Chris Novy

Our High Instability Guest for Wednesday, July 13, 2011, will be Chris Novy, Storm Chaser and Assistant Chief Engineer, Sinclair Broadcast Group in Yukon, OK

Novy2.jpg
Chris Novy

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2011...Dr. Matt Biddle

biddle_matt.jpg
High Instability Guest - Matt Biddle

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, July 27, 2011, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2011...Warren Faidley

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2011...Warren Faidley

Warrenfaidley.jpg
Warren Faidley

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, August 10, 2011, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2011...Mike Smith, Weather Data

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2011...Mike Smith, Weather Data

Mike-Smith-300x159.jpg
Mike Smith

Mike Smith, the Founder and President of Weather Data, Inc., based in Wichita, KS. Weather Data provides weather forecasting, consulting, and weather risk management to companies and organizations around the US, Canada, and Mexico. The company was acquired by Accu Weather in 2006.

Mike Smith's fascination with weather began at the age of five when he witnessed a tornado with F5 damage tear through his home town of Kansas City. The tornado was one of the most damaging in history and Mike recalls thinking "If a tornado could do such damage, it must be interesting." He's been hooked on weather ever since.

After achieving a Bachelor of Science Degree in meteorology, with additional studies in engineering and mathematics, from the University of Oklahoma, Mike began his professional career in broadcasting. He worked for television stations in Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Wichita.

Mike's approach is that the warning system isn't broken, it's the best in the world. In fact, he has a recently published book about the warning system Warnings: The True Story of How Science Tamed the Weather.

Mike also debunks global warming. Smith, a certified consulting climatologist took a strong stand against what global warming proponents call a scientific consensus that man is causing the Earth to heat up. "Consensus has no role in science, Smith said." He reminded the audience that Galileo fought the consensus of his day on his way to becoming the father of modern science. "We have to balance the environment with the needs of ordinary human beings."

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, August 24, 2011, at 7 pm Central Time (00 UTC Thursday) on highinstability.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. The show will also be simulcast on WRBN.net.

HIGH INSTABILITY RETURNS!

HIGH INSTABILITY GUEST FOR WEDNESDAY, January 25, 2012...David Hoadley, Father of Storm Chasing and Creator of StormTrack

DaveHoadley_b.jpg
David Hoadley

Chase Fever: The Early years - a biography of David Hoadley by Tim Marshall (Storm Track Magazine - January 31, 1987)

Tribute to David Hoadley and "a mere cottonwood seed" by Gene Rhoden

David Hoadley: Fine Gentleman and Father of Storm Chasing by Roger Edwards

"My personal tribute to David Hoadley - First among storm chasers" by Chuck Doswell

The show will air LIVE on Wednesday, January 25, 2011, 7 pm Central Time (01 UTC Thursday) on ShockNetRadio.com. Each show lasts about two hours. Just click on the "Tune In" button. Call TOLL FREE 1-866-400-6684 with your questions and comments during the show.

Show archives are available for podcast at High Instability - Show Archives.

I got several "file not found" errors when trying to access the archived episodes at the link at the end of the post, Bobby.

Back