First High Risk of 2007

Seeing as we're speculating, I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here and say that there will be NO high risk days in 2007.

May 27, 2007 - SC Nebraska, Kansas, Northern Olahoma - Will be a bust in terms of number of tornadoes, but the few(3-5) that happen will be very chaseable and photogenic

The first two weeks of April may see a high risk across the Tennessee River valley into possibly the gulf states. I believe overall though, that this will be another below normal year for severe weather. HOWEVER, increased moisture on the western high plains should lead to good evapotranspiration, that should yield a couple of good days out there in May and June especially if they get a few more doses of precip. between now and then.

Being from North Texas, I got to go with Texas of course.......lol. Specifically, up and down the Interstate 35 corridor from northern Oklahoma to south central Texas on March 13th. It will become the new "Terrible Tuesday." :)

Fantasy: May 12, eastern CO/western KS. Several isolated, classic cyclic supercells drop over two dozen highly photogenic tornadoes in a six hour timeframe!:D We'll have a high risk in eastern CO when pigs fly.

Reality: Sometime in the middle of March, probably the Southern Plains or the Mid/Lower Mississipi Valley.

Gonna shoot for march 17, Eastern TX, LA, and western MS. Its also going to be a overnight event.

Back