DVD: Minnesota Mayhem

I received my Blu Ray of this and I think it is one of the best videos I have seen of going on a storm chase. Very well edited. I think the documentary with the video in special features was the best. Pointing out their plans was the best. Thank you for such a great video.

Sweet production, but made me cry a little bit knowing that I had my chase gear packed and ready to go that morning but spent the afternoon catching up on sleep instead.

While the production was very well done, mother nature made it easy on this one. Having several angles makes it even harder to watch for someone who blew off the day. This may be the most insane supercell that I have ever seen. Simply because I'm still butt hurt over not chasing the day I haven't watched a ton of video, or seen a lot of photos from the day so watching the entire thing transpire from their cameras was a real eye opener. Never seen such a ridiculous storm considering the combination of incredible structure with multiple significant tornadoes. I can only remember seeing such rapid succession of significant tornadoes one or two other times. Even the little eddies on the side of the updraft had significant motion.

Just finished both Minnesota Mayhem and Bullseye Bowdle. Definitely two of the best chase videos I have had the pleasure of watching. Awesome work!

Back