"Bullseye Bowdle" DVD FOR SALE

Those of you who ordered Standard-def copies of "Bullseye Bowdle" should have gotten/or will be getting your copies within the next few days.

Got my copy Friday. Had a chance to watch most of it last night. Lots of really good footage.

A little constructive criticism for future reference.

1. Some of the footage with the camera going crazy pointing whichever way. I think that could have been edited out.

2. Some type of information on what Tornadoes are what. Location, size, etc... The only info I seen was on the Bowdle one.

P.S.- Not that I care but maybe put a Parental Advisory on the box for some language.

I would buy it again. 9 out of 10

Thanks for the input Jarrod.

All of the things you brought up have been talked about in recent meetings with the group and we definitely plan to omit them [especially the language thing] in the future, in fact, I can say for certain our next DVD which is coming out soon has none in it. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed it.

I actually just did my review as well. I'm probably a little more harse, but it's a review geared toward a wider audience.

Overall I enjoyed it, but in my review I did point out some weak points too. Some Jarrod mentioned too.

My review is here:
http://www.weatherwarrior.net/blog/?p=1518

Hope that nothing personal is taken from it, just ideas to be better the next time. I always want everyone to do better. I look forward to future products.

Now I think it's time to pick-up Hollingshead's video.

I watched my copy the other night and thoroughly enjoyed it! That day was my "big regret" day of the season so I watched with a bittersweet taste but I thought it was well documented all the way around. Personally I like the audio including the swearing. "Dammit George, swear!" It makes it more real. I do wish some more audio commentary would've been included but thats about my only gripe. After hearing what a saga the farmers field situation was, I liked that it was included in the DVD because for better or worse, it was part of the chase and the experience of that day. Definitely, worth the pre-order price but worth the full price? Of course it is! Good job guys. :D

Thank you EVERYONE that purchased BB. Those of you that reviewed our work and gave us feedback, again, THANK YOU. A number of us have made our own separate dvds in the past, but never collaboratively. We like hearing the good news, but would rather hear your criticism since it will only make the next presentation better. There are a lot of butting heads in our group filled with many ideas and even some of the basics can be overlooked. I thank you for pointing those out and am glad you all enjoyed it. These mistakes/key-points/constructive criticisms will be taken into consideration for our next production that will be coming soon. Never be afraid to say it sucked or you didn't like it. We appreciate the honest feedback.

Thank you EVERYONE that purchased BB. Those of you that reviewed our work and gave us feedback, again, THANK YOU. A number of us have made our own separate dvds in the past, but never collaboratively. We like hearing the good news, but would rather hear your criticism since it will only make the next presentation better. There are a lot of butting heads in our group filled with many ideas and even some of the basics can be overlooked. I thank you for pointing those out and am glad you all enjoyed it. These mistakes/key-points/constructive criticisms will be taken into consideration for our next production that will be coming soon. Never be afraid to say it sucked or you didn't like it. We appreciate the honest feedback.
Danny, best advice I can give you and the team when it comes to collaborative productions (on the creative/editing side) is to let the chaser world go and look for good examples of similar productions arrangements but have received very good reviews. Venture more into the film world and start seeing how folks put on productions/documentaries.

It is very much like the best writers: they are also some of the best readers.

I got my blu-ray copy today and immediately sat down and watched it. I totally enjoyed it especially since I was also on the Bowdle storm. As with other blu-ray home releases, I always worry that it won't work in my player but I had no problem. There were numerous great shots of the various Bowdle storm tornadoes, many tripoded. The dome-cam enabled many shots that I wasn't able to get on the storm. I think chaser highlights are much better when several chasers combine their efforts. I am really glad the farmers field incident is shown for better or worse. Great close and scary tornado shots and a cautionary tale. I also really enjoyed the extended chase time-lapse. Although there was a nice segment of weather data at the end, I would have liked some more labeling of events (time and locations) or maybe a couple of maps. Over all, an enjoyable chaser video that looks great on an HD TV and blu-ray player.

Bill Hark

Yep, I got mine as well today. Kudos to you guys for putting together a nice collaboration. I agree with Bill, I think a pooled effort provides a superior product. You also get the opportunity to see a storm from several angles which is something solo projects lack.

Blu-Ray Played fine in my PS3. Since I was there as well, it was an interesting experience to see things I saw that day as well, plus all the stuff I didn't. Was neat to see video and think "hey I have a shot of that from another angle" lol.

As for things I would have added or done differently, I'm not sure if it would be cool or annoying to have a little clock somewhere showing the time of day of the shot, although this was pretty much done chronologically, I'm not sure if it would have been beneficial or not.

I think additional location labels at the beginning of each scene change would have helped, but I don't think their absence necessarily detracted from the overall quality of the video.

All in all, I feel it was money well spent. Good job, guys.

Feedback is well appreciated. The suggestions Ive read on here have most certainly been implemented in our next release, which those of you who purchased BB will soon receive an email for a very special offer on our next one!

Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

My copy arrived yesterday. I didn't have the same success with the BlueRay edition as Bill and Nick on my old DVD player, but no problem. Bill and Tom Oosterbaan and I got together at Tom's house and watched the DVD on his player. What a blast to relive that day! The DVD is a well-executed effort and definitely worth purchasing. You can read my review of it in my blog.

Back