Copyright Infringement Reports (Review guidelines in post #1 before posting here)

It is difficult, if not impossible, to recover money from Youtube infringers. Fortunately, Google makes the Youtube DMCA process much less complicated than at just about any other website.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or discussed, but what about the fact Youtube itself makes money of the pirated video. Sure an individual may not profit directly, but don't think YT doesn't get a little bit of revenue. I'm sure the value is quite variable for different people based on popularity, but if a person is really hung up on copyright violation and letting no one profit whatsoever, YT certainly is.

Plus there are other video websites as well.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or discussed, but what about the fact Youtube itself makes money of the pirated video. Sure an individual may not profit directly, but don't think YT doesn't get a little bit of revenue. I'm sure the value is quite variable for different people based on popularity, but if a person is really hung up on copyright violation and letting no one profit whatsoever, YT certainly is.

Indeed -- but the recent Viacomm ruling confirmed that Youtube is, for the most part, completely untouchable in these sorts of infringements. So long as they carry out the DMCA takedown, they're not liable.

/I am not a lawyer

Indeed -- but the recent Viacomm ruling confirmed that Youtube is, for the most part, completely untouchable in these sorts of infringements. So long as they carry out the DMCA takedown, they're not liable.

/I am not a lawyer

Thanks Ryan...wasn't aware of that case. I'll try to do some reading on it (for my own curiousity). I too am no lawyer...LOL.

What's even more horrifying than Kevin Martin on Examiner (gasp) is the nut job he's writing about... watch the video. Why is he shooting potatoes into the storm and calling them probes? I don't think I would like to see him near a chaser convergence. Anyone know the terminal velocity of a potato?

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...ser-launches-probe-into-tornadic-thunderstorm

Another incident about Kevin Martin and the Examiner...

Back before I knew what type of person Kevin Martin was, I had him as a FB friend. During that time span, he posted this article about the Yazoo City, MS tornado from the DailyBuzz.

I informed him that the picture in question is a well known picture in Central IL of the July 13th, 2004 Roanoke, IL "Parson's Plant" tornado as I grew up in Metamora, IL just a few miles West of Roanoke and my dad worked at the plant in the 1990's. He immediately posted on the Examiner website about copyright infringement and scammers. ;)

I really enjoy the bottom paragraph. LOL

If you are a scammer that loves to scam the media on your photos (I've had a few do this to me), then think twice. If you are selling them - you could be committing fraud and it can carry a punishable offense in law.

Have y'all thought about compiling a list and making it a sticky? The reason why I ask is because Midwest Storm Chasers FB Group claims that Megan Gould is one that needs to be called out...but can't find her in here thru the search function.

She has had about 8 FB and YouTube accounts over the past year. Her current ones are listed bellow in the links I have provided to her sites. I know she has stolen the work of Jill Jilardi (Meteorologist at KOLR10) several times and she likes to get online and pose as other people. She also claims to be an avid chaser and to have had many tornadoes in areas where tornadoes haven't happened this year. She also in the past has claimed to be part of V2, the NWS at SGF, and currently claims to have a chasing company and promises people salary and compensation for gas, food, tapes, hotels and even vehicles. A group of us have tried to reach out to her a few times but she just goes nuts then deletes her accounts and starts over again. The easiest way to spot her is by her spelling, lack of information over meteorology and calling her self a "paid professional chaser". She has made claims of working with The Weather Channel too.

Megan's sites:

Thanks Bart! Sometimes forum search engines are horrible and I couldn't find any of y'all reporting her. Hence why I asked if y'all could create a sticky like you've got for storm chaser websites.

She has had about 8 FB and YouTube accounts over the past year. Her current ones are listed bellow in the links I have provided to her sites. I know she has stolen the work of Jill Jilardi (Meteorologist at KOLR10) several times and she likes to get online and pose as other people. She also claims to be an avid chaser and to have had many tornadoes in areas where tornadoes haven't happened this year. She also in the past has claimed to be part of V2, the NWS at SGF, and currently claims to have a chasing company and promises people salary and compensation for gas, food, tapes, hotels and even vehicles. A group of us have tried to reach out to her a few times but she just goes nuts then deletes her accounts and starts over again. The easiest way to spot her is by her spelling, lack of information over meteorology and calling her self a "paid professional chaser". She has made claims of working with The Weather Channel too.

Megan's sites:

Her again! I thought for sure she would have gotten the message last time she was called out. Some peoples kids

Back