Copyright Infringement Reports (Review guidelines in post #1 before posting here)

This person has taken several of my videos in the past. Most recently was of the Scotland, AR damage from this year. I reported him to YT and had the videos removed little trouble. He just is another weather enthusiast that likes to share videos by reuploading them.

Actually, he's a little punk bastard. I asked him to remove some images of mine he used without permission, and he came back with a ****ty attitude and smart mouth (along with some of his dumbass friends who chimed in on youtube about what a dick I was being for demanding he not use my stuff without permission).

So don't cut this guy any slack.

Why even ask? Just kill it.

I had someone use ONE frame from one of our videos... he just happened to use it as the "thumbnail" frame of his 5min+ video to get more hits.

I DMCA'd the whole video and in less than an hour it was off YouTube.

Why even ask? I had someone use ONE frame from one of our videos... he just happened to use it as the "thumbnail" frame of his 5min+ video to get more hits.

I DMCA'd the whole video and in less than an hour it was off YouTube.

Because I love going off on someone who wrongs me...but I give everyone one shot to make it right beforehand ;)

Guess your a nicer guy than I am LOL.

I've just been burned too many times on YouTube to give anyone a "shot". Plus I don't have the time to track down email addresses, send YT 'messages' to the uploader, etc, etc.

Actually, he's a little punk bastard. I asked him to remove some images of mine he used without permission, and he came back with a ****ty attitude and smart mouth (along with some of his dumbass friends who chimed in on youtube about what a dick I was being for demanding he not use my stuff without permission).

So don't cut this guy any slack.

I avoided learning he was a dick by simply just reporting the violation to YT and not taking the time to ask him to remove the video first.

I solved my problem by no longer posting videos on youtube. The only ones I have up are my DVD promos, which I embed on my website sell page. They're titled so obscurely they will probably never turn up on a youtube sheep search for tornadoes or storms.

I avoided learning he was a dick by simply just reporting the violation to YT and not taking the time to ask him to remove the video first.

Never ask, just report. 90% of the time they know they are stealing, and they'll just know the source of the complaint and often just cause more trouble for you on your videos with inappropriate comments, etc. (for that still leave their comments open without approval...which is more rare). I treat Y.T. 180° opposite as I would a bad post here because for the most part folks are so much worse there than here.

If they didn't take it themselves or ask to use it they stole it plain and simple. So 10% of the time they don't know they stole it? Not buying into that. If you download a yt video, edit it and repost its stolen. Pretty simple

No....many, many people think because it's on the internet means it's in the "public domain". Look around, you'll find many.

You could make a video showing the content they stole and make idiots out of them, that is before you send a DCMA takedown. Legal things don't work with idiots, but embarrassing them does.

Everyone may want to check and see if this guy has stolen your video. He has taken several of my videos which now have been deleted.

http://www.liveleak.com/user/fecks
http://www.liveleak.com/user/Fecks_Entertainment

Although the links say his profile has been removed if you search for his username or search for tornadoes you will find most of his videos remain up.

This guy used to be on YouTube.... Not sure if he still is or if he was banned..... I see he has migrated sources of pirating/reproducing. Wunderbar!

Back