Chasing State Slamfest

Mike Hollingshead

Inspired by the jokes thread. I almost posted there but know this will deserve it's own topic after doing so anyway....lol. Lets hear your....your 'comebacks'.

What did the KS chaser say to the OK chaser in early June? "Oh well, you always have next year, I think. Global pattern shifts can be tricky. Maybe it's just one of those really short ones."

IL chaser strolls into the conversation "What's a chase season? We chase those very long wall clouds year round here!"

KS chaser: "Hey there is IA, he can probably inform you."

IA chaser: "You see, it's what places like OK and TX used to have back in the olden days. I think you can still find the reports carved into stones in places down there. Very few since computers were invented."

CO chaser: "Hey guys!!!!! Just got back from a little high plains "magic". I must of seen 2 tornadoes the width of a pencil with no condesation!!!! Talk about thrilling!!!!"

MN chaser pulls up in his tweaked out chase vehicle: "Aaah jeez. Say, what happened to da 2001? I thot we were um onto somethin dare."

OK chaser: "Shut up MN"(in grumpy tone)

TX chaser steps down off his tall horse: "They don't make em as big elsewhere as they do in TX, he he. If ya pick a spot out there on that caprock thingy every once in a while you'll get a sidewinder to come along and take your hat off. Yeehaw!"(as he oddly leaves)

IA chaser: "That guy seemed a bit off."

OK chaser: "I think he started chasing in 96."

IA chaser answers his cell phone: "Yeah this is IA. Oh, ok, I will tell them. MO chaser won't be here. He's lost on some twisty, hilly road full of trees and wildlife."

KS chaser: "Man we're all here, wonder where NE chaser is."

CO chaser: "He's probably out chasing." (sigh)

;)
Mike....be kind........

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead

MO chaser won't be here. He's lost on some twisty, hilly road full of trees and wildlife.\"

;)
Mike....be kind........

:D You've obviously chased in MO. It's the most frustrating place to chase I've seen. :banghead: Hills, trees, hills, trees etc etc etc.

LOL. Man at least I spread the wealth around a bit. What is a cornhusker anyway? Didn't they die with the OK tornado years? They are as good as the moisture quality is in CO on a given chase day. I'd make this longer but I'm currently looking for today's target. I plan on at least a 2 block trip today!

What's as rare as a nice tornado in Colorado? Nothing I don't think. Ok, time to go.

Mike

IL chaser strolls into the conversation \"What's a chase season? We chase those very long wall clouds year round here!\"

More like "Every time it gets real hazy, there is a good bet storms are on the way. When visibility really sucks - it'll be a good day severe storm day for sure."

Yeah, you gotta love the NE chase opportunities - too bad the state doesn't have much else to offer though - and boy do the road options blow as you get further north and west..... Some days I definitely miss living in the plains. There are advantages though - I've never gotten a hail dent from a local chase since I've lived out here.

Glen

Inspired by the jokes thread. I almost posted there but know this will deserve it's own topic after doing so anyway....lol. Lets hear your....your 'comebacks'.

What did the KS chaser say to the OK chaser in early June? \"Oh well, you always have next year, I think. Global pattern shifts can be tricky. Maybe it's just one of those really short ones.\"

IL chaser strolls into the conversation \"What's a chase season? We chase those very long wall clouds year round here!\"

KS chaser: \"Hey there is IA, he can probably inform you.\"

IA chaser: \"You see, it's what places like OK and TX used to have back in the olden days. I think you can still find the reports carved into stones in places down there. Very few since computers were invented.\"

CO chaser: \"Hey guys!!!!! Just got back from a little high plains \"magic\". I must of seen 2 tornadoes the width of a pencil with no condesation!!!! Talk about thrilling!!!!\"

MN chaser pulls up in his tweaked out chase vehicle: \"Aaah jeez. Say, what happened to da 2001? I thot we were um onto somethin dare.\"

OK chaser: \"Shut up MN\"(in grumpy tone)

TX chaser steps down off his tall horse: \"They don't make em as big elsewhere as they do in TX, he he. If ya pick a spot out there on that caprock thingy every once in a while you'll get a sidewinder to come along and take your hat off. Yeehaw!\"(as he oddly leaves)

IA chaser: \"That guy seemed a bit off.\"

OK chaser: \"I think he started chasing in 96.\"

IA chaser answers his cell phone: \"Yeah this is IA. Oh, ok, I will tell them. MO chaser won't be here. He's lost on some twisty, hilly road full of trees and wildlife.\"

KS chaser: \"Man we're all here, wonder where NE chaser is.\"

CO chaser: \"He's probably out chasing.\" (sigh)

The conversation continues.....

TX chaser: "No doubt......the Huskers got all our stuff this year.....I'd say ours and OK's, but OK never gets anything anymore anyway."

MN chaser: "Wot happened to 2001?"

(all others together): "Shut up!!"

CO chaser: "Man, you guys gotta come out here and do some High Plains chasing, it's almost a guaranteed tornado if you just drive to Limon and sit on I-70."

IA chaser: "Wooooh, now there's a challenge. Why don't you bring your Rocky Mountain ass up to Iowa and see if you can nab an outbreak on a Slight Risk day."

CO chaser: "Maybe because at 55mph, we won't get anywhere in time. Helllooooooo, get out of the 80s."

MO chaser: "Boys, boys, boys........I don't wanna hear nothing about no damn road problems. Grab yer Husky air-injected bigboy and come play up in my neck of the woods....excuse the pun."

TO BE CONTINUED......

Back