Chasercon 2020

John Farley

Supporter
It has been announced that the final Chasercon will be held in Denver Jan 31-Feb 2, 2020. If you are on Facebook, you can get more info by following the link below. Yes, that is Super Bowl weekend, but it was the only time they could get the hotel. And yes, this will be the last Chasercon, at least in its present form.

It was bad enough when it was near or on Valentines Day; Super Bowl weekend is even worse. Not sure what time it ends on Sunday, but either way it will be hard to get home in time and get ready for any kind of Super Bowl party with family/friends, with the time zone change and around 6pm ET kickoff. If the Eagles end up in the Super Bowl, I would really be kicking myself if I registered for ChaserCon.

In some ways I would like to go to the last one. On the other hand, I don’t feel too much sentimentality about Chaser Con, having only been there twice before. I feel it is already past its prime, didn’t like the whole thing looking for subsidies on Go Fund Me last year, and anyway how festive is the event going to feel knowing that it’s the last one? It’s going to be like going to a funeral. It would have been better to just go out on a high note than to even bother with this, in my opinion.

Anyway, I am sure a new and maybe better conference will rise to take its place.

I don't know how festive it will be, but I am guessing it will be a good convention with a lot of people who have gone over the years coming back for one last time. That will probably include me. As to the Super Bowl, I don't see that as a big deal. Much less of a deal than having it conflict with Valentine's Day. Of course since the Rams left St. Louis I have zero interest in pro football, but even if you are interested, you could probably do worse than watching the game with a bunch of fellow chasers.

It was bad enough when it was near or on Valentines Day; Super Bowl weekend is even worse. Not sure what time it ends on Sunday, but either way it will be hard to get home in time and get ready for any kind of Super Bowl party with family/friends, with the time zone change and around 6pm ET kickoff. If the Eagles end up in the Super Bowl, I would really be kicking myself if I registered for ChaserCon.

In some ways I would like to go to the last one. On the other hand, I don’t feel too much sentimentality about Chaser Con, having only been there twice before. I feel it is already past its prime, didn’t like the whole thing looking for subsidies on Go Fund Me last year, and anyway how festive is the event going to feel knowing that it’s the last one? It’s going to be like going to a funeral. It would have been better to just go out on a high note than to even bother with this, in my opinion.

Anyway, I am sure a new and maybe better conference will rise to take its place.

I went to ChaserCon back in 2008, and I'm glad that I did. It was a lot of fun, and I think that's when it was in its prime. After that first time going, it wasn't ever really something I cared to go to again.. would have been fun to gone back, but on the other hand not going back to ChaserCon didn't bother me at all. I do think the timing of this last one is horrible, makes me wonder how having it on Super Bowl weekend will affect the turnout.

Something like that would probably be kinda cool to attend. :)

superbowl weekend isn't a big deal to me, probably only time I'd watch the game is if the broncos were playing(that's not gonna happen this year .lol.)
Where it is, being a hour or so drive away I wouldn't have to worry about hotel rooms. :)

But if what I saw is correct for the cost last year (and assuming its the same this), its just too much to me though.

Never been. Daddy Daughter dance takes precedence in a no-brainer. Too bad Wichita would have been fun.

Also my winter trip is usually AMS or something related to work. Well, snow skiing too. Have fun if you go!

Back