CHASE PARTNER BULLETIN BOARD

OKLAHOMA CHASING
LOOKING FOR CHASE PARTNER, OR TWO, BASED OUT OF THE NORMAN / OKLAHOMA CITY AREA.

Greetings. My name is Billy Griffin, and I am a local chaser here in Norman, Oklahoma. I have been chasing for over 15 years now, and I am in search of local folks who might be interested in partnering up on chases this season. I am a teacher with the University of Oklahoma, and have a somewhat flexible schedule which allows me to chase.

Since my vehicle is outfitted with just about everything imagineable, I will be furnishing the chase vehicle and volunteer to do most of the driving.

Here is a rundown of my equipment (gadgets) and technology...

1. In-Motion, High Speed Satellite Internet
2. In-Motion Satellite Television
3. WxWorx system (2)
4. 5 Laptop Computers with networked internet access
5. 5 radio scanners
6. 4 communications radios, i.e. ham, public service, cb, etc.
7. Mobile mesonet (Davis Weather System with computer interface)
8. 3 mobile GPS systems with computer interface
9. Experimental 1.8 GHZ radar system
10. Misc. gadgets and "stuff" to play with while traveling.
11. 3 televisions (2 High Def LCDs)
12. Video editing equipment including DVD burners.
13. Video "uplink" capability via email to send LIVE video to television stations
14. Video formats include SVHS, Digital SVHS, Digital 8, and DVD.

My vehicle is a 2004 Ford Explorer, so it will seat up to 4 more passengers comfortably. However, my front (passenger) seat is gone, there is a desk there for access to all the equipment.

I am looking for chase partners (passengers who would like to share some gas money in exchange for the ride and equipment use) in the Norman or Oklahoma City area, or those who can get here on chase days rather quickly.

If interested in learning more, please contact me at (405) 310-3658, or (405) 812-8031. You can also email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

Happy chasing, and I look forward to speaking with some of you!

Kindest Regards,
Billy Griffin

Promised follow-up cometh.

The first 9 days of June are good for me.

My e-mail:

[email protected]

Cell phone:

402-239-8459

Also: Some guy named Ben e-mailed me a few weeks back or so with an offer to team up. I'm sorry, but I lost your e-mail address and phone number when I replaced my hard drive. I forgot to properly backup my data. If you could contact me again that would be great.

CHASE PARTNER EASTERN NEBRASKA AREA

Hey im looking for a chase partner, as in just to go out have fun and catch storms, or whatever, i been chasing 3yrs , im still consider myself an amature eith only 1 TORNADO , in record 3 yrs lol.... not too shabby right., anyways im located in Elkhorn NE, if there is anyone who doesnt mind payign for gas a little bit, i do chase everywhere else , KS,MO,NE,IA,MN,SD,OK so i travel alot, but im getting tired of the people saying they will go with me and then end up not going or say there to busy, im just someone looking for a aprtner, someone to ride along and enjoy the weather and chasing like i do, so if your intrested let me know( im not a pro yet at chasing, i do chasing the hard way with checking the computer at home, then heading out with camcorder, digital/35mm cameras, weather radio, and maps ;-)... I DONT CHEAT , using the laptop lol... still saving up though ill have one eventually.... anyways let me know Thanks...

Newbie (not thrill seeker) looking to chase. I'm looking to chase with an experience chaser. I live outside of the Chicagoland area, but will travel.
I have laptop, DVC, cell phone. Can work cameras. I freelance so work is not a problem. PM or email me for more information at [email protected]
Also great at map reading and driving.

Looking for a partner

Hello,

I have been spotting since I was 14 years old but would like to expand my knowlage and get into chasing. Although I know the basics of storms and forecasting, I'd like sombody to help show me the ropes. I currently attend Western Illinois University in Macomb, Illinois but will be moving back home in the beginning of may. Hometown is Mundelein, Illinois in Lake County just north of Chicago but am willing to travel.

I have little to no experience chasing and have very little equipment. I am a licensed Ham Radio operator and have a mobile unit as well as an HT.

If somebody is willing to help show me the ropes let me know. More then willing to share expenses and help out in anyway I can. Please PM or email me at [email protected] if you’re interested.

Good luck chasing all and stay safe!

Mike
KB9TGV

Hi,
My name is Karen and I am in the Omaha area. I am hoping to find someone to do some beginning chasing with this season.
I work for DTN and use their satalite weather and watch it all the time when the "pretty colors" show up :)

If anyone wants to chase a little this season, let me know.

Stay safe.

Update

Looking for chase partners. New, old (not age wise). Can chase most days. New at this, but went on my first chase already and did OK. Took my 17 year old son with me....never again! I am willing to travel and will pay my share. PM, IM or Email me.
I'm in SE WI. Thanks, Jacque
PS: I'm a female (Jacquelynn)..I can hold my own in any stituation!!!

Chase partner in kc area???

Hey if anyone is looking for a chase partner in KC area for sunday April 10th....pm me!!! i get off work at 1...and will be heading out after that!!!

Hey Guys!

I will be in the TX/OK area in late April/early May (as usual) depending on the weather. I'll be going solo but would like to hook up with other chasers in the area to possibly convoy on the good chase days. Of course I will always welcome a chase partner to share expenses as well. If interested, email me at "[email protected]"

Equipment:
Garmin 2620 GPS
2M Radio
Scanner
Lap Top
Mobile Internet

Brad Hobbs
N5LOS

would be interested in stormchasing

I am from Olathe, KS and I am looking to chase in MO, KS, OK and NE. I am 54 and my undergraduate degree was Earth-Space so I am very interested in storms and tornadoes. I've been chasing for several years in ernest since 2001. My latest stormchase was late afternoon in Platte City, MO. I videotaped two tornadoes last May 29 near St Joseph and I am one of the only ones to capture the Dearborn tornado on tape.

I am teacher so I can't usually go before 3 most days until late May. Of course I can do weekends and I will have most of the summer open. I am looking to share gas, knowledge and help each other video and photograph and more. I use two camcorders, have a portable TV and two digital cameras. I have been a regular on WXchase listserve, Stormtrack.

You can take a look at my website and storm stuff. Feel free to give me a call, email and we can try to see what we can do.

Let me know.
Dr.Eric Flescher ([email protected]),Olathe, KS -Storm Satori-http://members.aol.com/kcstormguy/stormsatori/stormsatori.htm
15016 W150th St., Olathe, KS 66062 (913-780-5902-home; mobile 913-486-1247)

Howdy all,

My name is Mike Shively, I am 25 years old, And I have been storm chasing for about 5 years now. I am looking for a chase partner in the Northern half of Missouri or the Southern half of Iowa.

I have been a advanced storm spotter for over 10 years. I am not really new to chasing, but usually I have chased with my wife, and now that we just had our 3rd Child, Storm Chasing is no longer an option for her. I have already went solo on two chases this year, but without nowcasting, and a partner that can help me navigate and so forth, they havent been the greatest chases in the world. I am not a thrill seeker, just like the beauty of the storms. I am currently in college as a Emergency Management major. I also am a licensed EMT. As far as chase equipment goes, I really dont have that much in the way of equipment. I have a high-end digital camera, a car, a cell phone, and a pretty good set of instincts. Would like to have more equipment, but as a college student with 3 kids, the hobby doesn't get a good share of the family budget. As far as splitting costs go, 50-50 sounds pretty good, but im sure we could work out something if that isn't possible. I guess thats about it. Email or PM me if If your interested.

Thanks

Mike

I know it is quite late to be wondering about chase partners, etc. But I am going to have to give this a shot.

I've been a trained storm spotter for 3 years now, am a licesned ham radio operator, and am knowledgable in the weather. My experience has included last summer working at a local radio station's weather department. I was involved in the June 11 tornadoes in northern Iowa, as well as the 100 mph wind event that moved along I-90.

I live in northwest Iowa, just north of the Spencer area. I will be available for much of the summer, mostly interested in chasing IA/MN/SD/NE/KS/MO. This is because I'm not flowing with great money to be heading on extremely long chases. I will have a brand new digital camera, as well as a newly purchased dell laptop. I currently do not have, or plan on having mobile interent at this time due to the lack of funds. But, I know something can be worked out to get this if wanted.

Email address is [email protected], I'm on MSN frequently.. And am willing to negotiate... Please give me a message even if it a chase only for a certain day, or if it for a week. I am very eager to head out...

Thanks

Nebraska Newbie

Hello all, I currently live in Minden, NE (about 20 miles so of Kearney) and I know that almost everyone will be in my area at least once this season, that is why I love living here. I took my first spotter class a few months ago, I saw my first tornado today :eek: , and that is about the total of my knowledge minus what I have picked up from a few informative websites and years of staring at the charts on spc. I would be greatly appreciative to anyone coming through the area that wouldn't mind dragging me along. I can chip in on gas, I can normally leave at a momemts notice, I know most of the backroads in the area, and I tend NOT to panic in tense situations. Also, anyone not looking for a chase partner but just needs a place to sit and prepare or recover from a chase remember my door is always open. :D

Back