CHASE CASE 4

I am going to head from AMA down to Clovis, NM.

Edit: just read back on posts..... Verne has got the idea! See you under the anvil!

Come on Matt I am still broke from the last chase case you put up for buying all those steaks.Put me in Wichita I am not going know where near Amarillo and the Big Texan!lol

QUIT YOUR CRYING AND PULL OUT THE CREDIT CARD AND CALL IN AN ORDER FOR THOSE HUNGRY CHASERS DOWN IN AMARILLO. I WILL PLACE YOU IN WICHITA BROTHER :D.

BTW, I GOT YOUR MESSAGE ABOUT SATURDAY. . .

ANY CHASERS THAT LIVE NEAR SGF, WE ARE GETTING TOGETHER ON SATURDAY NIGHT AT HOOTERS IN SGF. IF INTERESTED PLEASE PM ME OR BRIAN HURST.

ALSO, IF ANYONE NEEDS ADDITIONAL DATA PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TRY TO ACCOMODATE. I HAVE UPDATED THE WAYFARING MAP, LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS.

THANKS!

I'm out the door and on the road west on 20 to Abilene. From there I'll jump on US84 towards Lubbock, and re-evaluate during that leg of the trip. Likely to just keep going west from Lubbock.

Ugh, don't have a good feeling about this one. I'm leaving Dodge City, and heading down hwy 54 to Dalhart, TX. It's going to be about 16z before I get there and will check data then.

That 500mb trough is diving way low through Mexico. I'd imagine that's going to place the best UA support into NM and the SW TX. Some nice dews already well into NM. It's barely on the surface plots map you supplied but I'll head for Roswell. I've seen it time and again where beautiful storms form off the range there and whilst I'm 99% sure this isn't one of the chases I've been on down that way I know the place and the roads around there from where to get the best views ;) I have a feeling I'll probably be too far west but highway 70 should be perfect to reposition east if necessary.

SW CONUS 12Z SFC MAP

n2y9tl.gif

This looks like a NM/TX event and I am not sure in real life I would want to go that far west. Alot of driving. Assuming I left early enough to make it to Oklahoma City I will move west to Boise City, Oklahoma. I will wait there for more data and hopefully miss the chaser crowds in Texas.

**1230Z UPDATED CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK**

2s9zjur.gif

PROBABILITY OF HAIL 3/4" IN DIAMETER OR LARGER WITHIN 25 MILES OF A POINT.
HATCHED AREA: 10% OR GREATER PROBABILITY OF HAIL 2" OR LARGER WITHIN 25 MILES OF A POINT.

THERE WILL BE A FULL 15Z UPDATE TOMORROW MORNING AS WELL AS UPDATED CONVECTIVE OUTLOOK.

Since I got an early start this morning around 9z from Perry I am almost to Amarillo, just about to pass Shamrock right now. I think I am going to continue to Clovis, NM from there and move accordingly. I am starting to get to old for this chaseathone driving. I hope it will be worth it.

That 500mb trough is diving way low through Mexico. I'd imagine that's going to place the best UA support into NM and the SW TX. Some nice dews already well into NM.

I think Nathan is right. I'm joining Verne in Tatum, NM. This case is revealing my weaknesses as a forecaster. My initial hunch was to park in Midland, where good moisture was already present. Now I'm kind of knee-jerking my way toward that same general vicinity. Hard to ignore a 45% hatched SWODY1. Maybe next time I'll listen to myself.

Getting in on this one way late! LOL

Matt, you can place me in Topeka, KS. I will stick to more of a local chase on a day like today. Topeka hodos dont look too bad, so isf any storms go up here, I will be up on it!

Back