• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

SN / RS Cannot Log Into Spotter Network

Hi, I cannot log into Spotter Network at all, anymore. I have been having issues for some time getting it to connect (I just thought this was due to my Verizon account or living outside the Tucson city limits), BUT, yesterday during a severe-warned storm in the Tucson area, I went to stream live and could NOT log into Spotter Network. I tried for hours, reset my computer and iPhone several times. I even tried, again, today and to no avail.

I am thinking about going out to cover the California wildfires but cannot with no streaming capability.

Can somebody, please help!

Thank you, JKF

Can you login directly to https://spotternerwork.org with your username and password?
If you’re receiving any error messages please report what they are or please attach the screenshots.
What programs (if any) are you using with SN to login? In other words: Radar Scope, SN Windows Client, PYKL3, GRLX, etc.

The more information you can provide us the better we’ll be able to assist you.

Can you login directly to https://spotternerwork.org with your username and password?
If you’re receiving any error messages please report what they are or please attach the screenshots.
What programs (if any) are you using with SN to login? In other words: Radar Scope, SN Windows Client, PYKL3, GRLX, etc.

The more information you can provide us the better we’ll be able to assist you.

Here you go:

Attachments

• SN.pdf
    53 KB · Views: 0
And is this the Spotter Network you are thinking of? It does not have livestream hosting.

This is the Spotter Network, we need to log in to this so we can then log in to X-Split or OBS to live stream, if that makes sense. Once we're connected, my beacon shows I am on line and it accesses my current location. I use RadarScope on my iPhone. Since I got an iPhone 8 a few weeks ago, I've been having issues, but have always been able to connect. It keeps wanting me to upgrade, again, to be able to "see" the other chasers beacons and it will not let me transfer my subscription over. Hope this makes sense. I just want to be able to connect to Spotter Network.

It does appear that their website is indeed offline. It sounds like you need to restore your RS subscription since you upgraded handsets. Follow the red circles in the attached screenshot.

IMG_0127.JPG

No need to register again for SN. Just enter your same SN username and password in the appropriate section after you’ve restored your RS subscription and you should be golden. Let me know if you get it whipped or not.

No need to register again for SN. Just enter your same SN username and password in the appropriate section after you’ve restored your RS subscription and you should be golden. Let me know if you get it whipped or not.

I can't re-register for RS. The original email I registered under is no longer valid and it will not take my newer email.

In the screenshot for RS I attached below, does your subscription say active or something else?

IMG_0128.JPG

It looks like your subscription has expired, but in the User Guide there are instructions for what to do when you purchase a new iPhone. I want you to read and work through them.

Go to Help > User Guide > RadarScope Pro-Tier 1&2 > I just got a new iPhone. How do I get Pro back?

This is the end result:

IMG_0129.JPG

If you have to get a new subscription I’d recommend the one for $9.99 per year. I hope this helps get you back on track.

It looks like your subscription has expired, but in the User Guide there are instructions for what to do when you purchase a new iPhone. I want you to read and work through them.

Go to Help > User Guide > RadarScope Pro-Tier 1&2 > I just got a new iPhone. How do I get Pro back?

This is the end result:

View attachment 17314

If you have to get a new subscription I’d recommend the one for $9.99 per year. I hope this helps finish this up.

Thank you; I will work on it tomorrow, as I have to be somewhere in a bit. If I still have issues, should I just contact you through here?

This is the end result:

View attachment 17314

If you have to get a new subscription I’d recommend the one for $9.99 per year. I hope this helps get you back on track.

Hi, I got back on to RS, but still cannot connect to Spotter Network. Can you, please, help me with this as I need to get on line through SN to stream live today as we're supposed to get some severe weather. Thanks.

Thank you; I will work on it tomorrow, as I have to be somewhere in a bit. If I still have issues, should I just contact you through here?

Hi, I got back on to RS, but still cannot connect to Spotter Network. Can you, please, help me with this as I need to get on line through SN to stream live today as we're supposed to get some severe weather. Thanks.

BTW, I keep getting this error message: Error Number: 53 File not found in Form_Load

To answer your first question, yes, we’ll keep the support discussion here where it will hopefully benefit other users in the future.

To cut through the chase, can you login to SN when you go to their website? Remember, your username is not your email address, it’s your name. Since SN requires the use of real names (just like Stormtrack), I’d guess it’s “Joyce Fountaine”. I need to know if you can login to their website independent of RadarScope. Please go there and let me know what happens. Please attach any error messages.

11DDFF72-3E27-43E9-A249-0FB5A2AE13FC.jpeg

To answer your first question, yes, we’ll keep the support discussion here where it will hopefully benefit other users in the future.

To cut through the chase, can you login to SN when you go to their website? Remember, your username is not your email address, it’s your name. Since SN requires the use of real names (just like Stormtrack), I’d guess it’s “Joyce Fountaine”. I need to know if you can login to their website independent of RadarScope. Please go there and let me know what happens. Please attach any error messages.

View attachment 17317

Yes, I can. That's the first thing I did was log out and in. My user name is Joyce.Fountaine. I recently changed my password to be sure everything was fine. I can't see my "dot" on the map that shows up in SN main page as well. I'm really at a loss here. I don't know if it's something really simple we're missing.

Okay this is easy peasy now. Go into RS and enter those same credentials in the settings. You click the cog wheel, the settings tab, then go to Spotter Network. Click that and enter your username and password from SN.

Then make sure to toggle “Report Location” on by sliding the switch to on under the same tab, the advanced section.

Launch RS with your favorite radar station selected then turn on your location by pressing the top icon that looks like a mouse cursor. Once you see that blue circle on your radar display press in the center of it and it should give you a message that says, “location sent to SN”. Within a couple of minutes you should see the red beacon. I hope this works out. I can attach screenshots if you need it.

Okay this is easy peasy now. Go into RS and enter those same credentials in the settings. You click the cog wheel, the settings tab, then go to Spotter Network. Click that and enter your username and password from SN.

Then make sure to toggle “Report Location” on by sliding the switch to on under the same tab, the advanced section.

Launch RS with your favorite radar station selected then turn on your location by pressing the top icon that looks like a mouse cursor. Once you see that blue circle on your radar display press in the center of it and it should give you a message that says, “location sent to SN”. Within a couple of minutes you should see the red beacon. I hope this works out. I can attach screenshots if you need it.

Thanks, it seemed a little different doing this on my iPhone. It appears that I got online with SN only through Port 8; I cannot get connected through any others; is this going to be a problem in the field or will I still have the connectivity issues do you think? Also, when I went into RS in settings (above the Advanced setting, the area with Allison House, etc.) and it asked for my email and password, it is still showing my old email; how do I update my new email address, I can see this creating problems down the road?).

I will let you know if this works throughout the day; if you don't hear from me, we're all good. Either way, I really appreciate your help and time :).

Port 8 must have something to do with a GPS or streaming application. I think for the sake of keeping this from getting too convoluted we should leave that to another day if it’s working.

If you need to update your AH email address just go to their website, login to My Account and then enter your new one where I smudged mine out in the screenshot. You’ll probably need to enter your password to change the account email. Then it’s the same procedure in RS. Just enter the new username and password and you’ll have access to your AH data.

25DE5DA1-E9F8-4F56-992E-A441BA192030.jpeg

Hi, I cannot log into Spotter Network at all, anymore. I have been having issues for some time getting it to connect (I just thought this was due to my Verizon account or living outside the Tucson city limits), BUT, yesterday during a severe-warned storm in the Tucson area, I went to stream live and could NOT log into Spotter Network. I tried for hours, reset my computer and iPhone several times. I even tried, again, today and to no avail.

I am thinking about going out to cover the California wildfires but cannot with no streaming capability.

Can somebody, please help!

Thank you, JKF

Hey Mark, I'm back! I cannot log into SN again. I've been trying to live stream for three days now and cannot log in, whatsoever. I can get on RadarScope on my iPhone. It appears that I can get online, on and off, through RS, but cannot stay connected for more than a minute or two.

Any ideas? Thanks, Joyce

According to my RS display you’re logged in and displaying a red beacon without a doubt. See the attachment where I’ve circled your beacon in yellow and put a #1 next to it.

908C63D9-768E-4F6D-A36E-B3DB9A3E7DD9.jpeg

I can’t tell from your post whether you’re not able to connect and get online through your wireless provider or you cannot stream your videos using whatever software that may be. What makes you think it’s SN that is your issue?

According to my RS display you’re logged in and displaying a red beacon without a doubt. See the attachment where I’ve circled your beacon in yellow and put a #1 next to it.

View attachment 17321

I can’t tell from your post whether you’re not able to connect and get online through your wireless provider or you cannot stream your videos using whatever software that may be. What makes you think it’s SN that is your issue?

Because I have tried every Port on SN from Auto up to Comm 12 and they all come up with No GPS in Red. My question is do I need to connect to SN OR is RadarScope sufficient enough? We already went back to Verizon on Sunday and upgraded to the highest and fastest Data Package and that seems to be working great so that shouldn't be the issue. If RS is all I need and I don't even have to log in to SN, then I should be okay, right? The issue I seem to be having is I get on live, stream for a minute or two and then go offline.

Back