• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

SN Resetting password on Spotter Network

Randy A.

Enthusiast
The settings menu in Radarscope tells us to ask for assistance in this website for issues with Spotter Network login.

I find no way to request such assistance in forums.

Can someone provide contact information for Spotter Network admin so I can reset password.

The email address I used to create that acct ([email protected] ) is no longer accessable.

Thanks

Randy

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
The email address I used to create that SpotterNetwork acct ([email protected] ) is no longer accessable.

The support process loops me back to the forum again as it needs to send you an email to reset password.

I need an admin to change my email address to one that I can access. ([email protected])

Randy

Hi Randy,
If your email address is no longer accessible and you need to reset your password, you are locked out of your account as we cannot 100% verify your account any longer. Your only option is to start over with a new account.

The settings menu in Radarscope tells us to ask for assistance in this website for issues with Spotter Network login.

I find no way to request such assistance in forums.

Can someone provide contact information for Spotter Network admin so I can reset password.

The email address I used to create that acct ([email protected] ) is no longer accessable.

Thanks

Randy

[email protected]

You have done the right thing Randy by creating a support post in this sub-forum, which is the Spotter Network support forum. It is monitored by the owner of SN @John Wetter and myself. SN decided to have us (Stormtrack or ST) host their forum here, which is why you wound up here when you clicked Support on the SN website.

The last thing we want SN members to do is select “Contact Us” and email the ST admin account. That creates delays in getting answers and is the wrong way of going about it. Kudos to you for figuring it out from the get go!

You have done the right thing Randy by creating a support post in this sub-forum, which is the Spotter Network support forum. It is monitored by the owner of SN @John Wetter and myself. SN decided to have us (Stormtrack or ST) host their forum here, which is why you wound up here when you clicked Support on the SN website.

The last thing we want SN members to do is select “Contact Us” and email the ST admin account. That creates delays in getting answers and is the wrong way of going about it. Kudos to you for figuring it out from the get go!

All that searching and posting in forums only to be told that there is no way to get it reset and was told that I would need to create a new account.

Might wanna put that on your website/app help section.

Randy

All that searching and posting in forums only to be told that there is no way to get it reset and was told that I would need to create a new account.

Might wanna put that on your website/app help section.

Randy
We're not willing to compromise the security of accounts so that is where we are left. Absent your registered email address or existing access to your account, we are out of options there. That's fairly standard procedure on most services. Sorry you weren't able to find this support forum through the other links, it anything else comes up, please let us know.

I have a question: I've been trying to set up an SN account and it just refuses to allow me to register. Once I enter the password I am sent, it will not acknowledge the email or password (even though it was just emailed to me 1 minute ago). Below is a screenshot of several attempts to login. Of course, I removed the password but just showing what I'm continuously shown.Screenshot_20190509-185219_Samsung Internet.jpgIs someone able to assist?Appreciate your time!

Do you have any useful ideas @John Wetter?

How many different passwords were you sent via email Amy? I believe each new one cancels the one before it. Have you been locked out yet? In any event, help is on the way.

I used 3 different emails and had the same results each time. Each one had the same result, so I wondered if it had a bug. Even tried multiple browsers and still nothing.

Forgot to mention, I had a password for each email sent. Once I tried twice to login with each, I stopped because I did not want to get locked out. The issue is, I cannot even sign up or register. It keeps stating I'm using the wrong info but this is not accurate because the system is sending me the information to input, which doesn't make any sense. Might be bugged?

If you trust me please send via a PM to me the password that corresponds to the username in the screenshot above AmyAmz22. I'd like to try it to see what happens.

Just letting you know, I cleared out my cache and history on my browser, went to forgot password and tried registering that way. It seemed to work, so the info I sent you is no longer valid and I did get in.
Thanks for your assistance on this 😊

Hi Randy,
If your email address is no longer accessible and you need to reset your password, you are locked out of your account as we cannot 100% verify your account any longer. Your only option is to start over with a new account.
@John Wetter Hi John! I'm wondering if you could let me know how I can request for an old account to be deleted so that it is no longer linked to my email and I can set up my new account and take my tests? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a similar issue except I do not remember my old password.
I'd go to every browser settings you use and look for the passwords section. From there search or go down through the list and try to find a SN entry. Google has upped their game with passwords so check them out as well as Chrome where it may have been saved with incomplete data, but hopefully your password. I use Opera on my phone so that's another one to check if you're like me. Just go through every password manager you have and see what turns up.

Thanks Mark. We will not impact any account without a request from the account owner from their address on record. If you no longer have access to the email and have forgotten your password, you will need to create a new account. If you still have access to the account, you can use the forgot password feature.

I'm encountering some issues with the Spotter Network. While I'm able to log in using my current password as it was saved in password book, I'm facing difficulties when attempting to update it to a new one. An error message pops up stating "that my old password entry doesn't match the current one on my account." Well, I am logged in on SN. Now I've noticed that I'm not appearing on RadarScope, and as a result, my team is having trouble locating me. I entered the same password from SN, now I get a "Invalid Credentials" on RadarScope 5.

Back