• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

SN / RS Logging into Spotter Network on RadarScope

Mark Blue

Owner
I’ve received multiple emails from folks using the “Contact Us” link in the footer since Spotter Network (SN) support moved here to Stormtrack about logging into to SN on RadarScope (RS). I’m not sure why this is causing users so much difficulty because it’s a very easy process to accomplish. I’m going to post two screenshots here and any further inquiries via email will simply be linked to this post. Please see the below images of the RS application:

CA362159-7988-47FF-AC6A-217096F3AC37.jpeg

1. First, click on the cog wheel to access RS settings. It’s circled in yellow along the right edge.

2. Next, click on the label “Spotter Network” circled in red on the resulting pop up menu. The next image is where you’ll be taken after clicking on SN.

7A361CC6-048E-4603-9314-203FD1176115.jpeg

3. Enter your SN credentials in the area circled in green. If you’ve forgotten one or the other you can even click on the links to retrieve your username or reset your password through SN. Once you’ve signed in you can then view other spotters as well as toggle reporting your location on or off.

That’s essentially it in a nutshell. Should you have further questions please register to become a Stotmtrack member so you can post any additional support questions in this thread. You’ll also find a “Help Tab” within the pop up menu that offers answers to FAQs, a complete user guide, and all sorts of helpful information. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter and I hope this helps!

Mark Blue

Last edited:
I’ve received multiple emails since Spotter Network (SN) support moved here to Stormtrack about logging into to SN on RadarScope (RS). I’m not sure why this is causing users so much difficulty because it’s a very easy process to accomplish. I’m going to post two screenshots here and any further inquiries via email will simply be linked to this post. Please see the below images of the RS application:

View attachment 16926

1. First, click on the cog wheel to access RS settings. It’s circled in yellow along the right edge.

2. Next, click on the label “Spotter Network” circled in red on the resulting pop up menu. The next image is where you’ll be taken after clicking on SN.

View attachment 16927

3. Enter your SN credentials in the area circled in green. If you’ve forgotten one or the other you can even click on the links to retrieve your username or reset your password through SN. Once you’ve signed in you can then view other spotters as well as toggle reporting your location on or off.

That’s essentially it in a nutshell. Should you have further questions please register to become a Stotmtrack member so you can post any additional support questions in this thread. You’ll also find a “Help Tab” within the pop up menu that offers answers to FAQs, a complete user guide, and all sorts of helpful information. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter and I hope this helps!

Mark Blue
I am signed in but not showing up on Radarscope. My husband does but I don't and haven't in over a week. Solution to this?

I don’t want to insult your intelligence, but have the simple things been checked? Toggling on the two options in the following screen shots?

EC0C899A-E0A0-4DFA-A006-360744062E93.jpeg 3E9FF16F-567A-45A2-B51B-6C3FE8645F64.jpeg

After I read your post I thought that the issue is clearly with RadarScope, but then I looked at my settings and found I’m using a combination of RS and AH for my data sources, so now I’m not so sure. There is an issue somewhere it’s just a matter of finding it now.
0DF259AB-B8C8-402F-B491-29685E8561F1.jpeg

I'm trying to login to SN on radarscope but it keeps saying my username/password is invalid... not sure what I'm doing wrong. Bought pro. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling...

@James Metzger - Please post what fixed it. I've never been able to reproduce any issues others have reported. It is almost always that people are either using their email or their private ID instead of their username. Your username is what you should use. You also should have already passed the test and filled out your NWS contact information BEFORE logging in to RadarScope (or any app for that matter).

I'm having trouble signing into the spotter network on radarscope. Its giving me an invalid credentials code, but the credentials are correct help!!!

Please make sure you’re using your username in that particular field versus your email address or call sign. The only way to determine what your username or password are is to navigate over to https://spotternetwork.org and login. Once you’ve successfully logged in there use those exact same credentials in Radarscope and it will work. To find your SN username please see the attached image below from my account. My username is circled in red.

7D233B3B-0EBE-4A01-807D-653CF5277E97.jpeg

Other than that you may have to utilize the lost username or password feature to retrieve your information. Narrowing it down to one or the other would be ideal.

I have tried logging in numerous times over the past couple of weeks. I entered my user name, but it and my email are invalid. It pops up "unable to find matching account." I only have one name and one email. If I'm entering an incorrect password I can't reset it because according to SN I don't have an account. Yes, I've taken the tests and the steps necessary to create an account and I do have an account. Everything worked fine until a RS update caused RS to stop working on my Android. An update fixed that issue, but I haven't been allowed to log in to SN since.

After weeding through your emails and messages the only question I have is when you receive the message “unable to find matching account” that pops up, is that in RS or at the website SpotterNetwork.org? If you could attach the message that would be great. Thanks.

@Keith Wilson - Just to be certain I understand what the current status is:

1. Can you log in to spotternetwork.org on the website?
2. If yes, are you using the exact same credentials to log in on RadarScope? If so. One thing some have found to be successful is to make sure you log out on RS and then remove the app and install it again. This step doesn't seem like it would be necessary to me but it has fixed it for some.

Ok Mark thx those pics are for an iPad.. I'm using an Samsung android phone (G7/J3).. and it's nothing like the 2 pics you posted.. anyone else out there with pics for an android product? Thx!

As Mark mentioned, let’s see if we can isolate it to an issue on your device or with your account so please let us know if you can login on our website.

Back