• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Spotter permission on radarscope.

Matt Owens

Enthusiast
I recently switched from iPhone to Android and signed into the spotter network on radarscope. I didn't have any problems on iPhone but now on Android I am. See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231120_165103_RadarScope.jpg
    Screenshot_20231120_165103_RadarScope.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 0
I‘m far from a tech guy, but you can only share your location from one device at a time. On the screenshot it appears you don’t have “Report your device location to the Spotter Network“ turned on. Does it work if you turn it off on your other device and turn it on with that one?

I signed out on my other device. It pops up and says this whenever I try to toggle it on to report my device location. I didn't know if it was my spotter account or not. Needing approval for it or something else.

I just started having the same problem but I'm thinking it might be a Radarscope issue. I just switch to a new device and I noticed it was telling me I had no permissions. Turned my old device back on after a few weeks to see if it had the same error but it didn't. I updated the Radarscope app to the current version on the old device and bam, there it was again.

Back