• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Durant OK Radar Data Now Available to Public

Durant OK Emergency Mgmt posted on Facebook today that radar images from the radar they installed last year are now available to the public for free via the Durant Weather Radar app. I haven't seen it in either Apple or Android app stores yet. Rumor is it is coming to RadarScope eventually, but i can't confirm that. Here is the post

Durant app is now available for Apple. It also includes an earthquake map which showed a magnitude 5.8 earthquake near Shawnee at 11:24 PM Friday…which we felt in Owasso….

Saw it on iPhone while at NSCS and a storm was near and it does fill in reflectivity nicely. Just installed on Android and like Mike said, no velocity. It also will not work unless you give it permission to know your location at all times so it can alert you. I don't need more alerts, and I certainly don't need another app running all the time asking for location so it drains my battery.

For now I took away all permissions and will just give it back when I went to use it. Hopefully it will come to RadarScope soon and I can delete app all together.

Back