Spotter Network Client issue

I didn't want to come here to ask this but for some reason I cant login to use the support thread on Spotter Networks site. I can login to see my user information but for some reason cant login to the support forums:confused: I dont see an email address for the admin on the page either but anyways,

Out of nowhere when I try opening up spotter network I get "...has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for the inconvenience"

Of course it doesn't say WHAT the problem is...all I know is that Ive deleted every trace of it off my laptop...re downloaded and installed it [successfully according to the wizard" as well as repairing it, using system restore to go back to an earlier date on the PC, everything I can think of

and it still doesn't work! Im heading out to the plains to join the masses in a few hours and although this isnt a necessity, I would like for it to work...this just totaly happened outa nowhere, Ive had it on the laptop with no problems for about a year now...and suddenly this.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What version of Windows are you using?
If Vista, was it installed as an admin?
Do an uninstall/reinstall, or better yet..install the new client (at the SN website)

Its windows XP. I tried completely removing and re installing the new version several times and I still get that error message. It worked fine for a whole year and then alla sudden it just stopped which is why Im baffled.:confused:

very strange. After you remove the client go into where you installed it and delete everything in those folders (if there is anything).

Also, do you know how to edit your registry? I'd clear out anything related to SpotterNetwork in the registry.

That's the only things I can think of.

If that doesn't work I would suggest also uninstalling/re-installing the .net framework. I've had a similar problem with another app and in that case it fixed it. Seemed to occur after a microsoft patch in my case.

Back