BURN BANS BACK

People people people, you just wont listen and use common sense.
Early Sunday morning the NWSFO OUN issued a wind advisory for its entire CWA meaning sustained winds of 15-20 and gusts over 35 (or somewhere around there). So what do you farmers decide to do, start a fire?? And you wonder why things got so out of control Sunday. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

People people people, you just wont listen and use common sense.
Early Sunday morning the NWSFO OUN issued a wind advisory for its entire CWA meaning sustained winds of 15-20 and gusts over 35 (or somewhere around there). So what do you farmers decide to do, start a fire?? And you wonder why things got so out of control Sunday. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH [/b]

I'm not sure it's fair to use a blanket "you farmers" statement... FWIW, the Governor HAD removed the burn ban that had been in effect. In addition, I'd think many of these farmers need to burn their fields, and they haven't been able to for the past few months. It should be noted that, per the evening news, the burn ban has been reinstated. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the smartest thing to do (burn a fire on Sunday)....

I was thinking that when I was home from college Sunday. I had to take a gravel road detour coming back from church because visibility was low due to a fire close to US 77. A bunch of fires have flared up in the W and SW parts of the Butler County (not a great sign when you hear your town's name on the Topeka news). Apparently, many of these were arson on Monday.

I don't know about the status on burn bans in KS, but it would have been a good idea to reinstate them Sunday in order to keep the burning to a minimum.

Back