• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

APRS position reporting

Hi Mark,
Was this just a temporary outage or is it still out?
Hi John, it happens periodically throughout the day. It’ll be fine for hours and then there will be an eclipse of data between 12:00pm and 3:00pm CST and then 5:00pm and 9:00pm CST. The outage will typically last approximately 30-45 minutes. It’s one of those things that if you’re not monitoring the feeds, or able to pull a report between APRS and SN to compare data you’ll miss it.

Has this issue been resolved? I am not having any luck getting SN to track my location (have !SN! in beacon text) but I'm showing up fine on aprs.fi. Rig is Yaesu FTM-400

Has this issue been resolved? I am not having any luck getting SN to track my location (have !SN! in beacon text) but I'm showing up fine on aprs.fi. Rig is Yaesu FTM-400

@Jarod Carlisle

This has been an ongoing issue. It's not a radio issue (I have an FTM-400XDR as well), but the ongoing saga has been detailed extensively in the thread that I'm linking. Read over it, and if you have any suggestions on something to try, I'm sure John and the rest of the SN team will be all ears, as they've been pulling their hair out trying to figure it out for a while now. Unfortunately, programming/coding is not my strong suit, so I wasn't much help myself.

Without further adieu, here's the thread of the SN/APRS saga...

@Jarod Carlisle

This has been an ongoing issue. It's not a radio issue (I have an FTM-400XDR as well), but the ongoing saga has been detailed extensively in the thread that I'm linking. Read over it, and if you have any suggestions on something to try, I'm sure John and the rest of the SN team will be all ears, as they've been pulling their hair out trying to figure it out for a while now. Unfortunately, programming/coding is not my strong suit, so I wasn't much help myself.

Without further adieu, here's the thread of the SN/APRS saga...

Ah yes, I had seen that thread yesterday when I initially started troubleshooting. Just happens I came across this one first today when I logged into ST fro the 1st time in like 3 or 4 years so here's where I began. Will migrate any further questions there. Thanks Drew (and hello stranger! We need to grab another breswski some day lol!)

Back