• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

APRS position reporting

I have noticed the same thing. I did see one around Oklahoma City a few days ago, but nothing in the DFW metroplex where I am.

Has anyone had any luck with reporting and location? It still is not working on my end. It's been about 3 weeks now
You mentioned "reporting and location". Are you having issues submitting reports as well? We are seeing several come into the system so this would likely be a local issue but we'd like to know more information. We're also seeing APRS data flowing so there is perhaps some other reason for that outage... Will continue to investigate.

You mentioned "reporting and location". Are you having issues submitting reports as well? We are seeing several come into the system so this would likely be a local issue but we'd like to know more information. We're also seeing APRS data flowing so there is perhaps some other reason for that outage... Will continue to investigate.

No issues reporting, just seeing any storm chaser reports in general. It submits my reports but doesn’t show them on the map no on my Gibson ridge software. It also does not update locations of storm chasers in the field.

Just FYI, storm reports and APRS location reports are two separate issues as you cannot submit a storm report using APRS. APRS can only transmit your location on SN.

Just an observation...notice it’s still kind of buggy. Works sometimes, but then doesn’t ping/poll locations for maybe 30-45 minutes at a time.

Back