ANNOUNCEMENT: Change of ownership

Stormtrack Friends,

I have to say I am somewhat embarrassed about my lack of participation in the entire "Future of ST" discussion. I have been a chaser since 1996, was a member of ST before that "reset" that was done a few years ago, joined again after that, and have become a more frequent poster just in the last couple years. As such, I feel I was obligated to contribute to that thread, but did not. Why? Well first, I hadn't been on ST for a few months. After all, it's the off-season, and December is a very busy time for me professionally (CPA, dealing with the upcoming year-end), plus the holidays and all. This year was even worse as my CPA firm was undergoing a merger and I was swamped with all that stuff (still am). When I finally checked in in early January (and actually posted in a few other threads), I literally did not even notice the thread going on. The reason was that it was in Announcements. I mostly interact with ST using Tapatalk on my iPad, and when I login I see the broad categories of (if I remember correctly, can't look back at it now without losing what I am typing) News, Weather and Misc. I always go right to Weather and then into Introductory Chasing and Advanced Chasing (at this time of year I don't even bother with Target Area!)

Just wanted to apologize to the community for not participating. It certainly was not as if I was reading it and just not chiming in. Not that anyone probably even noticed or wondered why I wasn't posting :)

I did read through the entire thread. I am very happy ST is continuing. Facebook and other social media is a stream of stuff mixed together that has no organization or curation. No way it could ever be a substitute for ST. We need this to be a place not only for interaction but as a rich database for historical events and scientific reference. Some people specifically commented about wanting the ability to use mobile devices and that made social media more appealing. Try using Tapatalk, I use it for ST and other forums on both my iPad and iPhone. Also remember that "social media" is really just a catch-all term for interacting online with a community - FB, Twitter, etc. are just tools, and so is the forum format - i.e., this is social media too! We can always enhance the tool/application to meet our needs.

Sorry, not trying to rehash the discussion! I lost my opportunity to comment! So I will shut up and just thank Tim for his work on ST all these years and for being a good shepherd of the brand and the community. And a big welcome and best wishes to Steve Miller.

Communities evolve, and things ebb and flow. There could certainly be a revival and resurgence of ST, whether it ever again includes the original veterans or not.

Jim Caruso

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back