ANNOUNCEMENT: Change of ownership

Great news and glad to see Steve taking over. Would love to see the technology stay current with current trends of social media and mobile, which I think will drive people back to this site who have gone away.

Congrats to Steve, and huge thanks to Tim, for all your efforts with this site over the past 18 years, as well as all the hard work and wealth of great resources you've provided through weathergraphics. Your time and dedication to ALL that you've given to us over the years is greatly appreciated by myself and I'm certainly glad you'll still be around to hang out here from time to time.

Regards,
Scott

Obviously, huge thanks to Tim. If it weren't for him, there would have been no online Stormtrack in the early 2000's there I probably wouldn't have gotten into chasing. And congrats to Steve. He definitely sounds like the guy for the task.

Congrats Steve, I hope you succeed in moving ST toward a better future! Thank you Tim for everything you’ve done, your hard work and efforts are appreciated and I’m glad to see you plan on continuing to participate in the future!

I Think this was the best move possible. Steve is going to be a great leader and with the partnership with Skip will make 2015 the year of StormTrack.

Steve, I am looking forward to your stewardship of Stormtrack along with Skip and everyone else who will be involved. Tim, thank you for all your hard work over these many years keeping Stormtrack operational.

Bill Hark

I, too, echo everyone's thanks to Tim for keeping the site going! I am looking forward to seeing where StormTrack will go, under new ownership! Congrats SMOK!

Appreciate all of your work, Tim, in keeping ST going these many years. Also, congrats Steve. Looking forward to many years to come. Long live ST!

Thanks for all of your work over the years, Tim

Steve, congratulations on taking over the ship. Please make sure the site is backed up. There have been some spectacular web-site failures over the past few years where everything was lost. Would hate to see the archive of information from StormTrack lost.

Good luck with your endeavors.

All success stories have bumpy sections on their roads, and Stormtrack is in position to put one behind it. Good luck and wisdom to SMOK with this endeavor; more thanks than I can muster to Tim Vasquez. And to Tim Marshall and David Hoadley.

Tim, as a friend, I for one will be sad to see you go as Admin/Owner. It is the end of an era, and you have held the reigns and protected the archives, and interest in our community. Thank you so much for taking on this task all these years, which I am sure has been difficult at times! I've always appreciated the StormTrack community and the storm chaser community and the two are much the same. While you will no longer be Admin/Owner it certainly is some consolation that you will remain a contributing chase community member, and I look forward to your contributions and zeal for severe weather meteorology as well as our social chaser community. May you prosper in your future endeavors!

Steve Miller (OK), welcome aboard as the new Admin/Owner! I'm looking forward to what StormTrack may become though your strengths, commitment, and energy in the future. I'm pretty sure you are a solid good choice to take over the reigns. Best of luck Steve, and enjoy playing around, planning, and growing the new StormTrack!

PS: It's pretty cool/funny to check out the StormTrack page of 1999. Brings back lots of memories. Checking it out... all the old whitepapers and documents many written by Tim Marshall, or Dave Hoadley, etc it makes me realize we don't really have a "Library" any more where any of us could submit a paper for inclusion do we? If not, it might be a good idea. Over all the years I know there have been contributions, but they were not necessarily put in a central location. This might be a good idea, and also creating a process for acceptance of any new contributions. Plus, I don't think we have a website that hosts these 'Articles'-> 'Documents' do we? A central repository / library for docs and things such as Chaser Faqs and How To's seems indispensable to me particularly for those learning the ropes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back