ANNOUNCEMENT: Change of ownership

Thank you Tim for all that you have done for ST. Hopefully you can pop in from time to time in the future to share your knowledge when events take place.

Congrats Steve! I look forward to seeing what the future has in store and what your vision is to take ST even further.

I'll share my appreciation for Tim as well. Thanks for all the hard work. SMOK....congrats....and it is time to get to work;-)

Congratulations to SMOK, and a heartfelt thanks to Tim for keeping the show running all these years.

At this point, I feel it is best for SMOK to be able to fill the Admin ranks with those he deems best suited to execute his vision for ST. Thus, as is customary for appointees in politics at a time of change in leadership/administration, I am offering my resignation from the Admin team effective immediately.

I am more than happy to help SMOK in any capacity he deems fit as he moves forward, including rejoining the Admin team. However, to give SMOK a clean slate, I feel this is best at this time.

Congratulations, again, to SMOK for being chosen to carrying ST forwards, and thanks, again, to Tim for all he has done to bring ST from print to electronic formats.

Many thanks, Tim, for your years of service to what remains an absolutely essential part of our stormchasing world. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.

Thanks too, Steve, for your willingness to lead us forward. I'm behind you all the way!

I'm also grateful for the efforts of Dan Robinson, Mark Blue, Marcus Diaz, Skip Talbot, Shane Adams, and all of the members who in the past few months helped to get us to this point. Today is a good day for our forum.

Tim, many thanks for all your efforts over the years. Steve, congratulations! I really appreciate everything done to keep Stormtrack alive and, over time in the coming days, make it better and more useful to all of us.

Congrats Steve on becoming the new leader. Thanks again Tim for all you have done

I am very glad that ST isn't going anywhere and SMOK seems like an awesome guy for the job. Along with Skip's and other's input, I'm sure they will do great stuff with this place and I'm excited to see what the future brings. I haven't been around here too long, and don't really know Tim at all, but I also thank him for what he has done for this place, and hope that he sticks around.

Thanks all, I appreciate all the messages of support. The transition is underway; Steve and I have been communicating back and forth via e-mail today and he has been talking with the moderators in our administrative forum. There are already some interesting plans in the works right now.

I will not be disappearing once Steve takes over, as my interest in meteorology is still pretty much as alive as it ever was. Rather I will simply "retire" as a regular user or will stick around as a moderator or adviser depending on what kind of lineup Steve decides would be best for the site. Some of my difficulty in logging into the site has boiled down to the various problems (mailserver issues, error logs, checking over all the forums, etc) and difficulties on the home front and limited time, and for the most part it was easier to just defer logging into Stormtrack assuming I might be able to set aside time the next day to fully tend to everything in detail, and it became kind of a vicious cycle. Obviously I have been taking on more than I can handle heading into this past year. I am reassured Stormtrack is in good hands now, and now that the pressure is coming off, I feel that I can begin focusing on the content here. Storm chasing became exceptionally difficult for me by 2005 with a new family, but for me it's always really been more about the mesoanalysis and the tremendous challenge in the 3-9 h forecast puzzle than about good pics. With the Internet I'm always there for a storm day. Hopefully as we get into spring I will be able to really contribute again to Target Area in some way.

Again, I thank all of you for the comments, and I feel confident Stormtrack will really spring forward as the 2015 season approaches and perhaps be a major player once again like in our golden years 10 years ago.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really like to see a re-energized Tim evolve out of this who posts interesting topics like he used to. That would be a win/win scenario for all of us. I think unleashing the ball and chain you've been dragging around will restore the Tim V we've come to know, love, and appreciate throughout the last several years. Thank again for all that you've done for us!

Back