6/7/08 NOW: SD,NE,KS,MN,IA,MO,WI,IL,MI,IN

Another NASTY hook echo is tornado warned 15 miles to my north. Great radar presentation, and southerly inflow winds have just kicked up here. Now the far northern burbs could be in trouble!

Spectacular backsheared cumuliform anvil overhead in Schaumburg here, picking up the last rays of sunlight.

Last edited:
nice radar presentation on the lake county Illinois cell now with reports of a tornado near Cary which is in Mchenry county

tornado on the ground in mundelien,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening to the SkyWarn net here in Lake County and there was a tornado reported on the ground just south of Mundelein, Illinois by a county Sherriff and one spotter. As it's traveled through the county, only rotation and funnels have been reported. Storm has a nice hook at this time.

Andrew Pritchard reports that I-57 is now closed due to damage around there, and he is having trouble getting out of the damage path, major traffic.

Tornado reported in the Mundelein (northern suburb of Chicago).. this is a very densely populated area.

mundelinjr2.jpg

Net control asking for damange reports in Lake County and none are coming in at the moment.

RFD rolled through our Super 8 here at the I-80/I-680 junction with the possible tornado moving about two miles north of us. Power went out across the street as the main thrust of the storm rolled through. Insane wind and rain swept through moments before the tornado warning was issued and sirens went blazin'. Amazing to watch an entire three story hotel come to life at 3:00am. LOL

Reports of damage and a tornado in Millard which is about two miles to our immediate west. The crew and I will remain here after the long day, but holy cow was that a late night rush.

Back