6/18/06 DISC: WI

Tornado crossing from Dodge county to Wasington conty as per police on scanner. Reports of trees and wires down at this time. Also another report of tornado in Dane county at the same time. No slight risk or warnings out before sightings. Must have been some sort of a meso feature in that area.

At 2:55 now hearing reports of funnel in central washington county.

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

Got something in a NOW thread - strange because either MKX doesn't know how to send out LSR's or spotters are reporting these WELL away from any convection (or even clouds in some instances!)

As per rules for 3rd party reports I started a disc thread. And the cell in central washington county is right on with the reports. Even showing rotation on the velocity scan.

strange because either MKX doesn't know how to send out LSR's or spotters are reporting these WELL away from any convection (or even clouds in some instances!)
[/b]

Just have to give it a little time...

0232 PM TORNADO 1 S HARTFORD
ROOFS OFF OF HOMES...MULTIPLE TREES DOWN ON THE SOUTH
SIDE OF THE CITY.

That was the best looking one on radar by far - now seems to have lost most of its punch. The LSR reports were on the other two batches, that cell seems to have been valid.

Ok made some better (still not perfect) video stills by burning a DVD with the DVD/VCR combo recorder and then playing it on my computer in Intervideo WinDVD and using its frame grab tool.

Here are a close-up and a farther out shot of the possible funnel, and a wide angle shot of the whole area at the time.

06-18-06capture1B.jpg

06-18-06capture2B.jpg

06-18-06capture3.jpg

I've seen pics from a guy that was in the path of the Hartford tornado as it was developing....numerous funnel shots, including one that clearly shows it was multi-vortex for a time. I've asked his permission to use them, and if granted I'll post them here and forward to any NWS sources that may want to see them.

*edit*

These pictures are from Greg Reynolds, the (un)lucky Chicago cop in the right place at the wrong time :blink:

DSC06477-vi.jpg

DSC06479-vi.jpg

100_1274-vi.jpg

Back