5/9/2006 FCST: OK/TX

Currently sitting in Stroud at the McDonalds.....getting ready to drop south toward the Ada area where it is 88/72 and winds are slightly backed east of here. Outflow boundry situated right along I-40 as Jason mentioned east of OKC. Getting ready to head back on the road and head south towards the Ada area or just south of interstate 40. Dewpoints in the low 70's with very large CAPE values leads to some hope.........winds dont look great but oh well they may not need to.......will get some nice structured sups. out of this at least.

Atmosphere is pumped and primed...ready to explode!

I would not be suprised to see a signficant Tornado along the east
to west boundary in se OK with over 70 dews, CAPES over 5000 J/Kg,
weakening cap, increasing mid level winds on the Purcell profiler
at or just above 500mb at 40 to 50kt.

With that much CAPE lots can happen, especially with that
existing boundary!

Good luck to all chasers down there, and stay safe, drive
carefully, should be a zoo of people.

Triple point appears to be over Norman right now. Cold front just to the NW with SE winds being reported per Mesonet @ 2:55pm. I'd expect this boundary to move SSE as the day progresses. Looks like several 500mb shortwaves will move through, one of these will probably be the catalyst to initiation due to the strong capping inversion. 1900Z OUN sounding shows a mess below 850mb, not sure what to make of it. CAP appears very weak per the sounding with only a very slight inversion near 850mb. I'd expect initiation shortly.

Currently sitting outside the Days Inn off I35 exit to Pauls Valley. 89 deg, and wind out of the south about 10 - 15 mph. A lot of juice in the air. Latest from the spc suggests cap may delay initiation until later afternoon early evening.

I'd be careful about the 19z oun sounding... it looks a little suspicious. Regardless, note that OUN has kept the moderate risk for SE OK this afternoon and evening... Such a deviation from the SPC occurs occassionaly. Current satellite shows enhanced Cu along and just south of the cirrus patch moving over the western OK metro area right now. Initiation may be imminent, but not sure how many storm's well see. FSM VWP is nice. Gotta go.

Back