5/30/04 FCST OH and TN Valley

It appears that the models are underestimating capes and li's. I think that I would choose the Terre Haute area as a target, as it looks like a good bet in my opinion. And from Terre haute, you can drive west into Illinois or East into Indiana.

I am also hearing that the high risk is going to be expanded to include much of Central Indiana. Here in Indiana, we are seeing quite a bit of sunshine right now!

If central IN gets upgraded...I may highly consider heading down there since it won't take me too long, hopefully...

Robert

If anyone chases Southern Illinois watch for low water crossings. We have had alot of minor flooding from last weeks storms and ya all know we are getting more so please be careful. We are heading to SE MO. around Poplar Bluff to St. Louis Line. Accessing I-55 N-S corridor then who knows where
Have a safe day
Kevin

Huge PDS Tornado Watch issued for Missouri, eastern Kansas, Northeastern Oklahama and Northern Arkansas!

PDS watches going up all over the place now including NW IL, I'm gettin freaked out over here. Indy is said to have 4 dry hours, but there are now supercells developing SW of there.

The race just started. Healthy storms are developing between Terre Haute and Bloomington and are headed straight for central or southern Indy.

Holly crap - These storms have just produced tornado warnings for a broad swath covering several counties SW of Indy. It looks like this will miss Indy proper, but there are other storms to the N that may yet pass over the city.

-Greg

The storm Prediction Center is predicting armageddon for the Mississippi and Ohio Valleys with a HUGE 35% hatched area. MANY supercells are already in progress in Missouri, Illonois, and Kentucky. More than 20 tornados have already occured. My guess by the end of the day: 130 Prelim

The storm Prediction Center is predicting armageddon for the Mississippi and Ohio Valleys with a HUGE 35% hatched area. MANY supercells are already in progress in Missouri, Illonois, and Kentucky. More than 20 tornados have already occured. My guess by the end of the day: 130 Prelim

I think this one could give the Super Outbreak a run for its money if these things actually produce. I'm hearing (and seeing) lots and lots of radar-indicated tornadoes... Looking at some radar imagery, I can't imagine some of these storms (e.g. the one SW of St. Louis, the one south of Indianapolis, the one in northcentral AR) aren't producing tornadoes. I thought I counted 38 counties under tornado warnings at one time (!)... With widespread CAPEs >3000 and widespread 0-3 helicities >250 (not to mention widespread LCLs <1000m), I don't see a reason for us not to end up with >100 tornado reports by days end.

Count stands at 57

As of 8 p.m. CDT, the prelim tornado count stands at 57. There were also 107 reports of significant wind damage and 120 hail reports. And one fatality was reported in Indiana. To check the SPC latest Storm Report later tonight, click on this link:

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/today.html

This link is good for the current day. If you check it tomorrow or another day, you will have to access the archives.

8) LJK.

Back