4/30/04 NOW: TX/OK

The highest shear is now in the storm on the NE of the line near Orr, OK - 115mph on the latest few scans. Moving towards Ardmore, OK

TORNADO WARNING FOR LOVE COUNTY OKLAHOMA!

Just heard over my radio that a spotter confirmed a brief touchdown near Reubottom, OK near Marietta. Anyone on this storm?

Just found out this was yet again another false warning, and there was no confirmed tornado.

Fort Worth is a Target

Fort Worth is on a Bulls Eye Target

Looks like Fort Worth better head for the shelters now. Here's a current loop of the NWS radar from Fort Worth TX:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar/loop/DS.p37...r/si.kfws.shtml

The storm directly west of Fort Worth has intensified in the last half hour. I would not be surprised to hear TS warns from this storm with heavy hail and high winds.

Hope everyone is getting some goodies from today's storms in OK & TX.
Will be waiting for the chase reports to come pouring in. 8)

Steve Miller and Glenn Dixon are chasing the Parker County storm which has developed a notch as of 0016Z. They report a large lowering and improving storm structure attm.

I don't have time to get in front of the storm, so I'm armchair chasing from home. Tarrant and Parker County spotters now reporting a large, bowl-shaped lowering in the vicinity of the inflow notch approaching the I-20/I-30 split. NWS FTW is watching it carefully.

Also, strong winds associated with bow echo approaching Lake Benbrook appear to be intensifying...radar now indicating 50+ kt.

Steve Miller reports Gary Woodall is providing live nowcasting on FTW NOAA radio. Woodall mentioned the possibility of 90 mph winds from the storm now approaching Tarrant County, where Fort Worth is located.

Back