4/30/04 NOW: TX/OK

According to WeatherTap, the Wichita Falls storm has a TVS signature. No surprise with the definition of that hook. Very impressive looking cell right now.

wow - the Wichita Falls cell needs to have a warning soon - big hook showing up - at almost 70DBz now -

The spotters in that area are like a SWAT team. I would guess the lack of a warning is due to their continuous reports to OUN. But I agree the radar looks like it's about to earn it.

I can't believe that cell just to the East of SPS doesn't have a tornado warning on it. Quite the hook on the 18:46 image.

This really surprises me -

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN ANGELO TX
155 PM CDT FRI APR 30 2004

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SAN ANGELO HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
JONES COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS

* UNTIL 230 PM CDT

The residents of Hurnville should be seeking shelter now. Still very surprised not to see a TOR-WARN out on this cell. It is definately holding together very well.

Storm to the west of Wichita Fall appears to be decreasing in intensity. Seems this other storm is taking everything in its surrounding enviornment.

This really surprises me -
* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
JONES COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS
* UNTIL 230 PM CDT

That storm is interacting with the boundary, the loop of DYX shows it pretty dramatically, including the notch on the latest scan.

And so it comes...

TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
202 PM CDT FRI APR 30 2004

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
NORTHERN CLAY COUNTY IN NORTHERN TEXAS

* UNTIL 245 PM CDT

* AT 202 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR PETROLIA...
MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH.

The 3:00p radar image; the hook looks as if its gone. Just vanished between frames.

The Red River cells are phasing in and out a lot ... it's pretty doubtful if either have had anything on the ground, but who knows - suddenly the ABI storm has become the one to be on -

TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
202 PM CDT FRI APR 30 2004

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NORMAN HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
NORTHERN CLAY COUNTY IN NORTHERN TEXAS

* UNTIL 245 PM CDT

The Abi storm is crossing into Shackelford County right now. If the storm maintains its current track, it looks as if it'll pass right through or just barely north of Breckenridge, TX. Not as pretty a hook as the Wichita Falls storm, but the boundry seems to be feeding this thing.

the ABI storm has become the one to be on -

No doubt. The SPS storms have crossed the river into more stable air and unfavorable low level shear conditions. The ABI storm remains on the boundary, which is moving at about the same speed, and into higher theta-e air. This storm may put on a show for quite a while.

Back