4/22/04 NOW: Oklahoma/Western AR/Far North TX

Trey ... go south on 35 ... look to your west ... when you see the towers, take the first highway toward them you can see. Time for you to go visual.

You have a line of storms developing in the next county to the west of the county that I-35 runs through heading right over the river. They are still only reflecting at about 40-50dBZ, but will likely grow. I would think they are your best bet. And please be careful.

Well, we are in Pauls Valley about to hit the road east I think and get over ahead of this. Took this shot just moments ago growing just to the east of Pauls Valley, OK...... hehe you armchair chasers...don't you wish you were here? :twisted:

[Broken External Image]:http://wx5tvs.com/convection.jpg

Days like this make me hate TX/OK.

Grrr@Drummond. How cool is it that a person can do that anyway - take a picture of a developing storm and put it up for all of us to see ...

Trey.... I agree with Mike. The storm developing is b/w Clay and Montague counties in TX. Moisture convergence is strong w/ those storms and are growing fast on vis sat.

I hope he did........ the storm cell in S Montague is a confirmed meso now.

Anyone on this tornado E of Chateau, S of Pryor? Dopplar radar is showing enhanced rotation. This thing must be huge! THe radar I use doesn't use the symbol for enhanced rotation often!

Was just about to ask about that one too. Have friends in Inola which looks like it may have been dead in line with the beast. I can't BELIEVE I'm stuck at home!!!! I hope those down south near 35 put up a good show. I think there were quite a few starting out down there!

AT 514 PM CDT...DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO TRACK A LARGE TORNADO
4 MILES SOUTHWEST OF LOCUST GROVE...MOVING EAST AT 25 MPH.

Wow...looks like that storm has some big time rotation...

5:11 PM Storm with strong rotation 8 miles S of Bixby moving NE at 20mph

Well, I am sitting here in Norman looking out my bedroom window to the East and watching these beasts grow. I can't believe I am stuck here while Jason Montano is out having all the fun, lol. Well, I am goin to go be a loser and do some yardwork, trying to act oblivious to the beautiful puffy white clouds to the East.

BTW--to add some usefulness to this post on the Now thread, I believe that the best chance for seeing anything at this point is going to be in the vicinity of Dave Drummond and Pauls Valley/Davis/Sulphur area as things are quickly looking to become linear.

The storm to the west of Gainesville is really starting to get its act together as it is trying to turn right away from the main line. Also, looking at the FDR and DFW radars, it is beginning to show good signs of rotation on the SW side.

Meso at the Barry/Newton county line in Missouri. Near Pioneer & Fairview.

Back