4/21/05 TALK: KS/MO

Well, I think this is the first tornado report of the day.... hopefully not the last for those chasing.

That storm didn't even have a SVR at the time (now it does). I wasn't even paying attention to it.

just got out of class to find towers shooting up all around me....with the sun still shining. I may end up heading out for a bit.

Current sitting near Nowata, OK, NNE of Tulsa. Have been watching a few towers go up, and down, and up, and down... There have been a few promising attempts at sustained deep convection, but bases have thus far been pretty high. Nicely backed flow east and north of here keeps me hoping that SOMETHING well happen. Lots of turkey tops so far...

I can’t tell if the KS storm is trying to propagate a new cell to the south, or if it’s a large hook echo. Either way it looks like St Joseph is in for a ride. Maybe Mike P got chased home

Very dark to the sw in Omaha now, will get some pics soon.

Topeka storm circulation now near Parnell, southwest of Atchison. Still moving a little south of east....

Work sent me to KC earlier theis afternoon and I watched these build the whole trip back to Topeka.

NWS Topeka put a TOR warning out on that storm while in Jacksone and Brown counties. Didn't hear if it was radar spotted or visual.

SN CO 911 put page out for spotters per TOP NWS at 1600 lcal to watch Nothcentral/NE SN counties for backbuilding. Didn't occur and we were released abt 1645.

atchison

Atchison/St. Joe storm appears to be making a right turn according to local TV reports. New MD at SPC on this storm indicates it is moving into enhanced helicity area and could become sustained tornadic supercell.

The storm has a monster velocity couplet I can see from across the room without my glasses. If it's not tornadoing, it's gotta have a very big, mean wall cloud.

Heh. Enhanced helicity area, indeed. Flanking energy has been crashing into it for the last several hours.

They just cancelled my sons play tonight because of the weather. This means I can leave, if I hurry I can head down I-29 and catch that Johnson County Storm. This may call for some core Punching :lol:

update

Local TV reports 70+ MPH winds with the St. Joe storm. Storm continues to slide to the right, while injesting new cells that form to the south.

Severe storm popped up in Johnson County KS also about 15 minutes ago.

Towers still popping in Lawrence area but the energy is being sucked up into the larger storm. I think I'm likely to get missed here.

Anyone here know how far north the burbs of Kansas City extend? If this thing takes a right turn, it's gonna be a close shave. Storm looks wonderful on radar.

Back