4/06/06 NOW: KS/NE/IA/MO/OK/AR/TX

Just talked to Dick McGowan by phone. He caught the Clay County storm and observed two tornados, including one stovepipe. Now he is near the Tuttle Creek dam and will chase in front of the storm crossing from Riley into Pottawatomie County, which is showing some rotation at the current time.

Nowcasting for Sam Schrant who is on this cell at the NE/KS border. He was reporting a tor and said the storm structure was incredible. Another robust cell just south of that one.
[/b]

New tornado warning for that storm SW of current tornadic storm.

I would get east now if I were Sam. Don't want to be core punched by the storm.

Did anyone notice how fast that storm cell south of Manhattan, KS was moving before it collided with the initial storm NW of Manhattan?

I bet that thing was moving at 80 mph!!

New tornado warning for that storm SW of current tornadic storm.

I would get east now if I were Sam. Don't want to be core punched by the storm.

Did anyone notice how fast that storm cell south of Manhattan, KS was moving before it collided with the initial storm NW of Manhattan?

I bet that thing was moving at 80 mph!!
[/b]

Storm In south NE and storm north of Manhattan, KS both have strong mesoscale features on radar. Would expect the cell north of Manhattan to go tornadic soon.

Tornado Watch 159 just issued for parts of eastern & southeastern KS/western, southwestern, and central MO until 1am. Still waiting for Kansas City to see something; anything. The wind has increased and clouds rolled back in, but not much else going on yet.

Wow!

The storm in Gage Co. NE has super rotation!

The last few radar loops from Topeka are amazing!

Storms are firing out ahead of the gust front, so chasers be aware that rain may start blocking your viewpoints of the storm.

Acoording to Dr. Forbes on TWC there is a multi-vortex tornado on the ground, and "heading towards beatrice, ne" acoording to twc.

Also low level shear and dewpoints remain much more favorable for tornadic supercells in extreme se kansas an eastern oklahoma. New tornado just reported 6 miles south of independence so show could be jsut getting started down that way as the low level shear continues to increase through the evening.

Wow!

The storm in Gage Co. NE has super rotation!

The last few radar loops from Topeka are amazing!

Storms are firing out ahead of the gust front, so chasers be aware that rain may start blocking your viewpoints of the storm.
[/b]

If you are around Beatrice, NE right now take cover!!!

Multiple Vortex tornado reported close to the city!!

AT 551 PM CDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A MULTI VORTEX
TORNADO ON THE GROUND 2 MILES SOUTH OF ODELL.

Tornado Watch 159 just issued for parts of eastern & southeastern KS/western, southwestern, and central MO until 1am. Still waiting for Kansas City to see something; anything. The wind has increased and clouds rolled back in, but not much else going on yet.
[/b]

"Tornado on the ground" reported at Cherryvale, KS, north of Bartlesville, OK.

Also Tulsa County OK is under its second tornado warning in the past hour.

AT 551 PM CDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A MULTI VORTEX
TORNADO ON THE GROUND 2 MILES SOUTH OF ODELL.
[/b]

Any info on what happened as far as damage around Beatrice?

I hope all went well with the locals and chasers around this storm.

Was very dangerous and still is north of Beatrice.

Kinda weird how most of this activity is outside the bounds of the "big parameters", huh?

What's really scary is thinking what may happen when the storms are well into Iowa, where parameters are maxed.....assuming they stay that way.

Our local news said no tornadoes have been reported, and then their tower was hit with lightning, causing them to lose their video feed. So I dont think their very reliable.
The rotation on this storm south of Lincoln is incredible.

Our local news said no tornadoes have been reported, and then their tower was hit with lightning, causing them to lose their video feed. So I dont think their very reliable.
The rotation on this storm south of Lincoln is incredible.
[/b]

Sounds like God doesn't agree with their assessment.

This storm has been tornadic for over 2 hours now. At least 10 reports of tornadoes with it.
I would watch this storm as it moves towards Omaha, NE.

Tornado Warning just issued for storm moving into Labette County, KS. Oddly enough no warning from Tulsa NWS for Craig county, OK, even though that's where the couplet appears to be on radar for a little longer.

Blake Allen

Back