3/22/05 NOW: AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, TN, FL, SC, NC, KY

Also, Enterprise, GA has been hit by a possible tornado. There are 5 injuries being reported there, some of which are critical. Mobile homes as well as brick houses destroyed. Powerlines and trees down countywide.
-George

Where are you finding the damage reports?

Also, Enterprise, GA has been hit by a possible tornado. There are 5 injuries being reported there, some of which are critical. Mobile homes as well as brick houses destroyed. Powerlines and trees down countywide.
-George

Where are you finding the damage reports?

Mainly Local NWS Offices down there

OK, looks like the focus may be starting to shift a bit from GA westward to MS, AR and TN. A new line of storms have fired, many exhibiting supercell characteristics. A couple of them have already promted tornado warnings.

I must admit, I really wasn't expecting much earlier from this batch of storms I knew would be coming. But it appears that they have more tornado potential than I would have imagined. Two counties in MS right now that are under tornado warnings (Jefferson Davis & Lawrence) were under warnings early this morning around daybreak.

Spotter confirmed tornado in Olive Branch, MS (Desoto County) ripped the roof off the Nissan plant at 5:24 PM CST.

More isolated cells continue to fire across the area. A really nice split just occurred on a developing cell just W of Jackson, TN.

Please remember the Stormtrack Target Area Guidelines when posting. These guidelines can be read at http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1039 ... One common infraction has been the noncompliance with the following rule:

(3) Prohibited content. Stormtrack strives for a very high signal/noise ratio in Target Area since many chasers use this forum on the road and can't sift through pages of fluff. These items are prohibited and will result in Target Area privilege suspension:
-- NOAA/NWS products or bulletins posted in their entirety. If you post such a product, trim it to the bare minimum and always include informational comments.
-- Images consisting of SPC outlook and watch box products. Chasers are already looking at these and know how to get them.
-- Frivolous posts. Every post in Target Area must contain meteorological or observational content. Purely social and personal posts should be made in E-mail or in another Stormtrack section.

-- Any disruptive post that offends other readers, circumvents our rules, or undermines the authority of the administrator or moderator team.

On a trip back to the east coast, far away from my regular home base in KC, I just crossed over the harbor bridge in Charleston, SC as northern section of bow line came through. I saw some very strange greenish-colored lightening streaks, which illuminated low-hanging turbulence...but very difficult to make out at night. Now, it is pouring so hard; feeling like tropical storm weather here late last summer.

Back