3/21/05 NOW: TX, OK, AR, LA, MS

The cells east/southeast of Norman are looking better on satellite. I bet they are some crisp/clean looking CU from the backside ... hopefully someone will post some pics of them - you'll probably be able to get a shot of the whole storm in the frame from the backside that looks similar to my thumbnail pic. Best convergence and backing is still to the south.

I like how the cell along I-44 is looking, it looks to be heading towards Chandler. It is starting to look organized on radar, no good rotation showing up however. The storm motion looks to be NE. I think it is or is close to being rooted in the dryline.

That cell to the south of it may have some potential as well that one looks to be around Techumseh area.

I love how in these setups like today there is almost ALWAYS a rogue tor warning to the north of the main area of interest, outside the watch box. If you go back and look at case studies, it happens really often. And it's usually up in a really cold environment that no one would normally think of going. Mike Umscheid and Jon Davies have caught several similar rogue cells that produced very nice tornadoes during similar events.

Currently sitting in Commerce, TX waiting on the skies to clear up a little more. We finally found internet access at Texas A&M-Commerce after going through about 5 smaller towns with no luck. Will have to be patient as initiation looks to be a little later.

Darin

JB: Its spring break! :lol:

I'm liking where you're at, Darin! Nice tower going up to the WSW, Optimum convergence, good backing......Sit tight, my friend.

And remember....you should be in class!! ;)

anyone else get faked out by the false echos to the SW of the dryline in OK? According to the NWS OUN they are large fires.

Saw these and wondered what was up ... they were between the dryline and cold front ... the cells east of OKC are looking quite nice on radar now ... quite chase-able at this point. Have fun Darin -

ya the cell that is on hwy 270 just south of I-40 near seminole is looking really nice, looks to have a good anvil on radar and a core with a 50-55dBz reflectivity. Lance is on that cell and says he sees a nice RFB.

Tornado warning has been issued for Seminole county in Oklahoma. Storm is looking very sharp on radar. Starting to form a hook on hte backend.

Lance told me that the storm in Seminole Co. has a great wall cloud with good rotation and RFD area. He saw a couple of small funnels but no touch downs yet.

Tornado warning still for Seminole county. Nothing reported on the ground but Cromwell on I-40 is in the direct path. it looks very impressive on radar with a well defined hook shaping up.

Lance told me that the storm in Seminole Co. has a great wall cloud with good rotation and RFD area. He saw a couple of small funnels but no touch downs yet.

This storm continues to become more and more defined with each sweep. It's looking very healthy now ... he'll probably see something soon. One difficulty may be storm speed, though ... 500mb winds are around 55-60kt right now, as could be expected. Hopefully everyone can keep up down there. I'm starting to worry about what may come later on, after dark. People to the east really should pay attention tonight.

Cromwell Storm

Storm over Cromwell, OK turning right and paralleling I-40 probably causing havoc for drivers. Channel 4 has great video of the base and has shown awesome rotation in the wall cloud. Storms south of the Red River are being sheared apart so far but that's where the real action could happen later on today.

Lance said he saw a tornado touch down breifly and then go back up. He said there was some damage done along SR-56. He is currently heading north to I-40.

Back