2008 National Storm Chaser Convention

conference DVD

I could not come because of school stuff/ teaching and $$$$.
Good idea. And the proceeds can go to the conference and/or stormtrack? I was at the conference in 2001 when I came down Sat morning looked on the TV and saw that the space shuttle was being ripped apart. It was a sad day and hard to go on that day.
Hope you all are having a good time and I look forward to hearing about the conference.

::
Sometimes it is hard for some of us to get away or to have the $$ for such a trip. Maybe they could set up a seperate smaller fee and have the conference webcasted. INstead of the $79 to attend we could pay like $20 or someting to catch the webcast so some of us could still get the information.

Just a thought. I would still prefer to be there in person by family matters (daughters BBall) kept me here. Maybe a DVD of the whole thing offered afterward would also be cool.

No stream for you.

Someone was trying to stream the conference at the very beginning, but it was quickly shut down. This is because of intellectual property and copyright laws. Roger and Tim would have to get non-disclosure agreements, copyright agreements, privacy statements, etc. etc. in order to stream the majority of this conference. In fact, video cameras were not allowed for much of the conference.

This is why SevereStudios.com did private interviews, photos, video updates, and blogged from the conference. We also had the capability to stream the events, but it was not our place, nor would it be legal.

The entire weekend went great. I was glad to meet so many of you! We hope you enjoyed our coverage of the event.

Special thanks to Roger Hill, Tim Samaras, and everyone that helped with this great event!

I had a great time at the chaser convention and meeting those I had a chance to meet here. We are leaving early in the morning Monday for the long drive back to Pittsburg, KS. If anyone is still around Sunday night we should all meet up in the bar at the Raddison for a drink.

Currently waiting on our 730 flight at DIA. Had a good time at the convention this year. Met up with Joey Ketcham, Jay Cazel, Chris Wilburn, Gerardo Estrada, and Angie Norris. Also met Bob Schafer. Nice meeting everyone!

Got home about an hour ago after another great weekend of learning new stuff, making new friends and seeing old friends. Big thank you to Roger and Tim S. for another awesome convention!!!!!!

Had a great time at the convention - it was awesome to see everyone again and meet some new friends!

Thanks to everyone who purchased the Storms of 20xx charity DVDs. We managed to raise $1060 in proceeds for storm victims at the NSCC alone!

Just got back to Virginia after a fun weekend at the convention. Huge turn out of new and experienced chasers. Great talks. Obviously a lot of effort by many people. Thanks to the organizers and presenters. I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new people. It's also nice to meet folks who I've only seen their posts or looked at their websites.
I am very excited about upcoming research possibilities with the DOW/TIV and later with Vortex 2. Kudus to Tim for documenting some very interesting phenomena before positive lightning strikes.

I will post some images in a couple of days.

Bill Hark

Also just got back from the Chaser Convention - I, too, had a great time re-connecting with old friends and meeting new folks, and learning from the many excellent presentations. I would like to thank Roger and Tim for all their efforts year after year to make this event happen, and to make it happen bigger and better every year. I have been involved in planning a number of conventions, and know how much work goes into it - so thanks much, Roger and Tim!

The convention was great! I finally got to put a face to many of the names I have come across these past few years. I just got done putting the photos I took from the convention on my website:

http://www.mesovortex.com/ChaserCon/

If you are in one of my pics and would like the original email me and I will send it to you. I had a great time and I can't wait to see you all out on the plains.

To add to the thanks, it was great to meet some of you this weekend! Thanks particularly to Laura Hedien for great company and suggesting the Friday trip up to Loveland, Bill Hark for very interesting discussion about eastern storms and general chasing, and Phil Kurimski for spotting my nametag after my post here and saying hello. Hoping to see you out on the plains in May!

I had a great time this weekend thanks to Roger and Tim's superb line up of speakers, more than worth the trip from the UK.

Tim

Great time as predicted. Thanks to the organizers as I am sure it is a logistical nightmare to put this together. Hopefully there is some reward in knowing how much people appreciate it.
Mike, Tim(s), Patrick, Karen, Jackie- great meeting you and thanks for reaching out and introducing yourselves!
Nice to put faces to names. I knew you guys were real!
Thanks for everything everyone!
Laura

My thanks to all the time and effort put in by the organizers, the presenters, and the vendors. It was a fantastic weekend that did not dissapoint.

It was good to connect with familiar faces throughout the weekend and also put faces with names for people I had not met before.
Laura - Likewise, it was a pleasure meeting you!
O'Keefe's - Great to see you guys again!
Rocky R - It was very nice to meet you and chat during one of the breaks.
Mark Farnik and the guys from Indiana (apologies in advance, I can't recall your names) thanks for letting us crash your table Sat night.
Mark Blue - Good to see you again and to meet Jane. Looking forward to May!
Tim Bond, Tim L, Mike P, Karen, Jacquie, Kathy - Safe to say a good time was had by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
now that I have arrived back in the UK I Just wanted to echo everyone thoughts regarding the convention - a huge success and long may it continue. It was great to meet every one.

Thanks again to Roger and Tim, just like last year, this year's convention did not disappoint! I had a great time learning from the presentations, and as has been echoed here - meeting many new friends and putting faces to names, plus reacquainting with friends made last year! It was a great time!

Thanks again to Laura Hedien for hanging out and the great day of skiing on Friday at Loveland! Also to Karen and the Tims, thanks for driving and hanging out Thursday and Friday too!

I can't wait until next year, but not before a great 2008 chase season!

Mike

Back